Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

Best Buy price matched the student discount for me. Give it a try.

MikeOx likes this.
  2. messiah1982

messiah1982 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys
    I am looking to get the surface pro 2.
    I wonder if someone could do me a favor and check how a game plays on the surface pro 2.
    If someone could download a demo off of steam called football manager 2014 and tell me how the surface pro 2 handles the game and how it scales the text in the game. There is a lot of text in the game and just wondering how the text looks.
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the tip, I decided to give it a try but unfortunately BB is not offering shipping on the SP2 256, they're only offering in store pick up but there is no pick up available on any of the local stores nor the closest cities, guess I'll have to wait.

4. DragonGamer

DragonGamer Pen Pal - Newbie

An interesting new Review appeared: Microsoft Surface Pro 2 Review: Most Productive Tablet Ever? - TechGeek
    Quite impressive are the performance benchmark results:

I actually wonder how that's even possible o_O
    MS kinda made some magic there performancewise. Did anyone check whether MS forced the CPU (and the IGP) into its 15W margin like Intel says to do? Somewhere I read that it's in fact the manufactors decision whether actually limiting the CPU into that or not.

EDIT: Cannot wait for my device >w< ...and just found out by shipment tracking that it was placed at a neighbor because I wasn't there, and somehow I didn't even got notified >< And since it's almost night I have to wait until tomorrow xD

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Just in case people don't read the 'availability' thread, looks like Best Buy got this week's shipment in. The 256GB was only briefly available for shipping, but maybe they have it in store locally. I splurged for a 512GB (it's a bad week for my wallet). Hope they don't cancel the order like the prevous 4 times..

Surface Pro 2 512GB
    Surface Pro 2 256GB
    Surface Pro 2 128GB
    Surface Pro 2 64GB

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Nippero

Nippero Pen Pal - Newbie

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

So Zee (if you allow me a cross-thread quote), did you end up sending it back? I got the type cover, so I hope my keyboard experience will be better than yours. I'm already used to the aspect ratio on my 500T, I'll just have to get used to the slightly smaller screen. Looking forward to trying this all out next week, assuming 'they deliver'.

8. johnchad14

johnchad14 Scribbler - Standard Member

After getting a new screen mark on my new pro exactly where my old rt had one, I found a hard piece of something embedded in the handrest part of the type cover. Had to sand it off whatever it was. Anyway, made me think the type 2 with soft hand rest might have another advantage to it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

9. Allie

Allie Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the real word usage battery life for this? Like the reviews are saying anywhere from 5.5-8 hours, but what is it really going to be in general real world usage situations?

10. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've been consistently getting 6.5 in real world usage.

Sent from my GS4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.