Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstablet

cstablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad to hear 4GB ram isn't a trouble maker for you! I'll report back in a couple of days (arriving tomorrow actually) with my even lower-configured 64/4GB model, although I probably will not have a storage shortage immediately, as I tend to install software as I need to (have to XD).

2. minnus

minnus Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone notice that the USB port is somewhat underpowered? It has issues with a variety of my devices. For example, I have an MP3 player that keeps disconnect/reconnect; presumably because it is not receiving a stable connection. I have used lower powered devices without issues though.

3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

The scariest part is the '3 sold'!

5. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, looks like the other 3 sold for $1850.... not a good deal by any means but with a keyboard and no tax, it's within a few hundred $$$ of retail. Suppose if you want or need one bad enough and can't find one from a traditional source ha, what the hay.... ;)

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I think the key there is "ships for free world wide". My guess is they were all bought from markets they aren't currently available in... crossing fingers some friendly Japanese eBay'ers do the same with the Q584 (if for no other reason than some English user reviews =P)

7. DragonGamer

DragonGamer Pen Pal - Newbie

Besides the graphics control panel does the original Intel drives bring any other benefits? Some person here posted a little while ago he'd have experienced significantly more power during games with the Intel driver and that it'd even have reduced CPU load during said games...

8. cstablet

Uh hah, I guess people are willing to blow that kind of money especially in UAE where water is more expensive than the oil ;)

It's almost like buying an Coach in Burberry store, I guess? Bad analogy, but consistent multiple of the price here. About fourfold. I guess people who bought it at $4k can comfort themselves by inflating the costs of free one-day shipping. Imagine that the new SP2 had a 1st class seat in that airplane coming from Newark lol.

9. cstablet

Oh NOes. Did anyone else have this problem? I don't want another device that has this issue!!! :cough cough:

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Lol, the 4,869 price went right over my head =P It looks like this is a typo, the 3 units previously sold were 1869. This is still considerably marked up, but not quite by the margin the 4869 price would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.