Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah. I mean I specifically played games that weren't too ridiculously intensive and which I could turn the settings down on. I'm going to do a full intensive test and post it in a separate thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

I was at Best Buy today and played with the touch cover 2 for the first time. Wow! Way better than the first generation. It seems way more accurate, even better sometimes than the type cover! Still undecided about the computer though! UGH!

3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sold my Cintiq 21 UX today. Am flying to Miami Florida to see my folks next Tuesday and will drop in to a Microsoft Store or Best Buy and see if I can pick up a Pro 2 256 8 gb. The Post by Jonathan Case sold me on the Pro and if the Pro 2 is even better...

...it'll be a fun day. If it works well then I will sell my trusty Fujitsu T5010 and my ASUS EP121. Both have been good little workhorses.

4. minnus

minnus Pen Pal - Newbie

be77solo likes this.
  5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm trying to decide if I want to get a type cover now or just wait for the battery cover to be released, as I know I'll definitely be getting one of those.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

Type Cover 2 is excellent and a great way to get work done while remaining mobile, I'd recommend picking it up.

czm2000 likes this.
  7. Edwood

Edwood Scribbler - Standard Member

Looking forward to finally receiving my 512GB SP2. Supposedly 2 days until it ships.

I would never get rid of my Cintiq 21UX for this Surface Pro 2. In fact, I'd rather plug the Cintiq 21UX into the Surface Pro 2 for some Tablet-ception.

8. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well we each have our own peculiarities, speaking for myself. I just never used my Cintiq. And I don't require working on a large surface as long as I can get rid of my tools (usually hitting a tab key) when I am simply painting. I am primarily a traditional painter and like to work digitally sitting on my couch in a more relaxed manner. Plus I sold the Cintiq for a song to a good friend who will use it all the time...and that makes me feels good.

9. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Me too. That's what I'm using. I went back and forth between the Touch 2 and Type 2. The Type 2 won.

Sent from my GS4

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Who else bought the Bluetooth adapter for the covers? I've found it extraordinarily useful. I haven't seen a wireless keyboard that even approaches the covers for lap use. The felt back really makes it stay put and the touch pad is another huge bonus that is rare to find in a wireless keyboard. Plus it is so light (without the slate attached). I feel like the Bluetooth adapter has opened up a whole new way to work (particularly laying back on the couch/recliner).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.