Surface Pro 1, 128GB - Yet another Price Drop - $500

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by minnus, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnus

minnus Pen Pal - Newbie

You can buy a new Surface Pro 1 - 128 GB for $500 at Best Buy (free shipping and instore pickup). I've been waiting for it to drop this low. If it doesn't sell out though, I imagine it can only get lower....

2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Wow. I wonder if the 64GB will get to the apparently critical $300 price point soon.

3. WuBoy

WuBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

Damn you Meso. lol I was all poised to go out and buy this after work, now I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to see how low they go.

The questions are "Is this a sale or a price drop?" and "Are they just dropping the price to make them appealing in the current market or are they trying to clear their stock?"

$500 is a good price for this, but I can't lie, I'd be pissed if I bought one for $500 and what Meso said came to be in a couple weeks. What's BB's return policy on devices like this?

Edit: I just looked it up. It's part of a 2 Day sale, not an actual price drop.

I think I'm going to pick it up. This meets the threshold I've been waiting for and there's no reason to believe its going to permanently drop any further in the next couple weeks.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  4. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thats just awesome...I mean, 6 months ago I bought this thing for 1k+.

Now I dont know if this means microsoft is trying to sell their OLD sp1 stocks ASAP or if they are actually producing more sp1 and selling for that price....

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, plus there may not be many SP1's left, so they may sell them all before it gets to that price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.