Surface Laptop Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 2, 2017.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

With nothing on the horizon, the forums have been unusually quiet

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Bronsky likes this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I'm waiting to see what the Surface Book 2 looks like.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

I have no idea. It's N-trig, mine is Wacom. Plus don't buy it there, go to gearbest and wait for flash sale, you may get haft the price

4. haigboardman

haigboardman Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a surface laptop back in January (3 months ago) and the right hand side of my palm rest has started to wear (see attached images) - at the moment it's not that bad but considering this is only 3 months old i find it to be excessive, whats it going to look like at 1 year old? or 2?

I got in contact with Microsoft and showed them the pictures; was told this is "normal wear", in fact see part of their response below:

"As mentioned in my previous email the keyboard alcantara material can wear over time. It's a soft material, even on hard surface material the paint can dissapear over time from it. This is how the material acts, some people can sweat a bit more then others, movement over the material like hand movement can make the material look more finished. I hope that my details where usefull for you Haig."

I find this insane - a £1250 laptop that has a wear patch after 3 months of light use.. and then get told that this is to be expected?!

Any advice on what i can do? anyone had a similar problem?

Attached Files:

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  5. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

No advice on the alcantara issue, but I would request that they escalate your concern to the next support tier. Keep trying & it's likely you'll find someone that sees the sense of your concern & will do something about it.