Surface Hub 2 - 50.5" 3:2 ~4K Collaboration Device

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, May 15, 2018.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Disclaimer, I haven't read anything about these new screens, but is it possible at all that the PEN is compatible with all these devices, but that when used on the Surface Hub it uses different less accurate tech? If it's truly a giant NTrig compatible screen, that would indeed be amazing.

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I had that same suspicion, but there is a quote @10:34 of the presentation, where Panos says:

"And now it has tablet class accuracy and precision, but in 50". Did you catch that? Everything you find, whether it's on your Surface Pro, your Surface Book, your Surface Laptop, your Surface Go. Every bit of that precision shows up in 50" here."

So if it is another tech, it's "every bit as precise" as N-Trig/MPP. But since the pen is cross compatible with all Surface devices, Occam's razer suggests it's a Surface Pen—the same tech (maybe a little improved). ;)

JoeS likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Wow, that's amazing! Seems like total overkill for conference room type use, but potentially great for artists.

YVerloc likes this.
  4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

No man! Think how cool it would be sitting at the boardroom with your Surface Pro/Go, then walking right up to the main screen—pen still in hand—and just writing away!

I dunno why such a mundane action would get me so excited, but something about a future where meetings are conducted with rooms full of people using stylii tingles the scifi nerves in me. :D

JoeS and nnthemperor like this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

one of these would be perfect for trial presentation. Just can't justify the purchase price for 20 or 30 days of use per year. Anybody renting them by the week?

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Bronsky, the voice of reason in a forum full of tech enthusiasts who buy first and then rationalize a use case

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  7. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

This might be nice for one of those shared-office-space places, but even then it's stupidly cheaper to get a non-touch 50" TV, a laptop, a podium, and a wireless mouse.

8. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

Can't wait to see the pen jitter on this bad boy. Haha (sob). MS will fix it someday...

Bronsky likes this.