Surface Hub 2 - 50.5" 3:2 ~4K Collaboration Device

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, May 15, 2018.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Smartboards are a combination of sensors in the whiteboard and projected images. I like them, but they have their limitations. They are not true pixelated displays. I assume that image quality is vastly improved and writing accuracy is much better on one of these. It is probably an all around better experience.

If my practice was newer and I had a longer work life expectancy left, I would seriously consider the capital investment. I would use it quite a bit.

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Says the man who invests in only state-of-the-art personal tech [ Surface 3 | Galaxy Note 5 ] :p:D. Just playin!

Bronsky likes this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

So, you want a piece of me?
    Well, come and get it.
    Computing selfie.jpg

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Boy, it is a good thing I missed this whole dust up or I would have joined forces with @Kumabjorn after the awful cut and paste job with my face...
    [​IMG]

Bronsky and jnjroach like this.
  5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hey! Just as I was complaining about the lack Surface promotion over on the SGo thread, right on cue...Panos gives a solid presentation at the New York Steelcase showroom:

Is Panos back?! Waiting for you to drop the SP7 Bomb!! :newpalm:

JoeS likes this.
  6. Marty

Ok, just did a quick check over on the MS product page. Holy crap...yes indeed boys, this thing has a full N-Trig/MPP digitizer:

[​IMG]

Think about that! That's 50" / 85" of active digitizer goodness...

[​IMG]

You can draw on these! This is friggen' incredible!!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    YVerloc likes this.
  7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Disclaimer, I haven't read anything about these new screens, but is it possible at all that the PEN is compatible with all these devices, but that when used on the Surface Hub it uses different less accurate tech? If it's truly a giant NTrig compatible screen, that would indeed be amazing.

8. Marty

I had that same suspicion, but there is a quote @10:34 of the presentation, where Panos says:

"And now it has tablet class accuracy and precision, but in 50". Did you catch that? Everything you find, whether it's on your Surface Pro, your Surface Book, your Surface Laptop, your Surface Go. Every bit of that precision shows up in 50" here."

So if it is another tech, it's "every bit as precise" as N-Trig/MPP. But since the pen is cross compatible with all Surface devices, Occam's razer suggests it's a Surface Pen—the same tech (maybe a little improved). ;)

JoeS likes this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Wow, that's amazing! Seems like total overkill for conference room type use, but potentially great for artists.

YVerloc likes this.
  10. Marty

No man! Think how cool it would be sitting at the boardroom with your Surface Pro/Go, then walking right up to the main screen—pen still in hand—and just writing away!

I dunno why such a mundane action would get me so excited, but something about a future where meetings are conducted with rooms full of people using stylii tingles the scifi nerves in me. :D

JoeS and nnthemperor like this.