Surface Hub 2 - 50.5" 3:2 ~4K Collaboration Device

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, May 15, 2018.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

This is putting the horse after the cart, but @YVerloc while your next post is gut-splitting funny - in a Dilbert sort of way - this one is incredibly smart. Other than Bronsky's idea for something like courtroom presentation, this product is unlikely to be purchased or used for anything it is legitimately purpose-built for.

Also, is there anything this adds to what this (LG Wallpaper) can do, other than the active digitizer in the large screen? I mean, that's high on the cool factor, but since they seem hell bent on showing someone projecting all the images from a Surface device onto the Hub, I would guess you could manipulate the small screen just as well - better, really - as you could if you used your finger or pen (shout out to Chunky Chelsea) on the large screen, no? I'm suggesting that the large, flat 4K display is on its third generation now; how much value is added by what the Hub's ambitions seem to be, cool factor aside - or is the cool factor all this is about? Anyway, just sayin...

YVerloc likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

More so considering everyone knows all you need to solve problems is a big dancing bear. :D

YVerloc likes this.
  3. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ergonomically what do you feel this can do that we couldn't do already?

Does it have a battery so you can move it around on that easel thing on wheels? So you can push around a giant tablet like a cart?

There's some power cord isn't there, I'm just missing it?

A supplement to a waifu pillow, now you have an animated waifu stand you can push around? Just spend time indoors with your waifu who you can move around/is human sized like in the video video calls?

I feel like there is an ergonomic use for a giant tablet on wheels with a pen. I just can't think of it. Maybe now a portrait painter has an alternative to an easel.

But what else?

An architect designing a building like in the video would rather sit down I think.

YVerloc likes this.
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Are you saying I'm a lesbian?

Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

But isn't it what game changing is all about? Giving you something that you never knew you needed, and changing your life. Try getting this, and I bet you, you'll start doing the kinds of things in the video, then you'll be grateful for Microsoft's existence.

Sent from mTalk

lovelaptops, YVerloc and Marty like this.
  7. YVerloc

YVerloc Scribbler - Standard Member

Lol.
    Everyone thinks they want their workday to be happy and collaborative. But nobody actually wants to work on projects that are so trivial and useless that they can be accomplished happily and/or collaboratively.

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. YVerloc

Except for party planners

9. jnjroach

jnjroach Surface MVP Super Moderator

What was shown on that video is my daily like as a Technical Marketer - we have much less elegant versions of the video fumbling with changing presenters on S4B making outside collaborators presenters, etc....

I guess it is just what part of the Tech Industry one works in :) BTW - my agency has created videos for the Surface Team but this isn't one of ours.

10. YVerloc

Well there’s the problem in a nutshell. Please ask your marketing friends to design workflows for people other than themselves.