Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I do understand the angst - my GB12/8gb/256gb/i5 was $800 new on eBay (even though it did require immediate service-it is now running straight and true), WITH keyboard and pen. My guess is that the 8gb/256gb model this fall will go well into $700 territory, BEFORE the $99 pen and $149 keyboard...but it is so precious looking (as well as that great kickstand).

2. dstrauss

Another nice comparison photo from Windows Central - this thing is growing on me for some reason...wonder what that 256gb SSD and LTE will do to the price...

[​IMG]

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...As it is, the Surface Go bezels look comically out of date next to the iPad...>>

On behalf of all the users who have inadvertently triggered an action on a bezel-less device, I'd like to point out that bezels still have a place in this world...

dceggert, gcoupe, batty and 1 other person like this.
  4. dstrauss

OK @Bronsky - what is your pre-order number - 00001 or 00002?

PS - no LTE tickie, no washie here...

5. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's worth noting there seems to be some confusion? :vbconfused: regarding the processor, with some outlets reported it as the 4415u at 2.3GHz:

[​IMG]

That's a massive 43% difference from the 4415y's 1.6GHz. Other major tech sites seem coy on specifying the exact CPU spec.

This again leads me to believe we're dealing with a custom Pentium 4415 design (sort of like the custom 940/950M in the SB1).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  6. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Are bezels really that big of a deal? I'd be more concerned about actual performance and battery life. It's not like we have a wealth of 10 inch tablet options to choose from here.

7. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Agree, but I think everyone just expects smaller bezels since that is the trend. We just bought a new TV, and its bezels are so minimal that you don't even see them; and I was able to get a much bigger display in the same space.

8. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Smaller bezels give you more screen in the same space making for a more impressive device overall and better value. Judging from devices that Dell has been producing bezels on a touch device definitely don't have to be that huge.

Sent from mTalk

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

No preorder. I'll take a ride to the Christiana Delaware Store when they're available.

10. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

Assuming its just 1.6GHz and is listed as such on Intel's website.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/processors/pentium/4415y.html

sonichedgehog360 likes this.