Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Here's me and my Big Chief tablet:

[​IMG]

Sorry for being a smart@$$, but my real point is that since we have lost the war (when MS switched from Wacom EMR to N-Trig) we need to accept the fact that we have to make the best of N-Trig that we can, or keep throwing money at Samsung...

cmergel likes this.
  2. dstrauss

@b52hbuff - I was the one listing 256gb/LTE - those are both offerings that Microsoft is saying "are coming in the months ahead."

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I feel you on this. Had a terrible experience yesterday when I wanted to use Sway app for a presentation on my SB and the app wouldn't load the contents because my portable WiFi was acting up. There was nothing in the contents that needed internet connection. I really have this approach.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

dellaster likes this.
  4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ain't we all?
    Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Bronsky likes this.
  5. inmnbob

inmnbob Scribbler - Standard Member

I am an heavy ink user and have tried most devices over the years. I agree Wacom is much better. I also think the iPad Pro has great ink but the apps aren’t there. So we are left with the MS solution.

The new Surface pen on my Surface Pro 2017 is basically unusable when my palm is touching the screen. The Surface Go is a little better but not there either. I am disappointed that MS didn’t fix the pen issues on the new device. If MS hasn’t fixed the Surface pro 2017 by now they aren’t fixing this one either.

I also have been trying to use the tablet in portrait mode and the palm rejection isn’t working well on the flat surface. The task bar gets recognized before the pen is in range to kick in palm rejection. Overall I will keep the device because the size is perfect. I will use the Surface 4 pen and will have to live with it. So does MS win because I keep the tablet as most of us will? only Time will tell !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I agree that the activation of the Task Bar is something that needs to be addressed. A short term, but annoying, solution is that you can hide it and then bring it back, but if you need access to it while inking it certainly falls in the category of PITA.

nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.
  7. dstrauss

That's what I do on the GB12 - keeps "false positives" down, but also prevents screen burn in on the AMOLED screen. Yes, a PITA.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  8. djas

djas Graffiti User

Apart from the Galaxy Book 10 & Surface Go, we're also gonna trial the Lenovo WOA tablet beginning next month. All will run in S Mode Pro with our own enterprise image.

Can. Not. Wait. Tech-lust :)

JoeS, Bronsky and DRTigerlilly like this.
  9. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am waiting for the announced Lenovo Yoga Book 2

10. dstrauss

What is S Mode Pro?