Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Both, but it's variable by application. Some exhibit the problem more than others.

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I've been using the Surface Go all day in meetings with the pen using OneNote and I'm impressed thus far results below:

[​IMG]

3. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

ew OneNote app...….. I'm desperate enough to give it a try to see if any improvements (i'll give it a shot this evening).

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

My blood runs cold by the advent of "apps" in the modern mobile world over true "Applications." I realize Office is a gargantuan mess with millions of lines of code in it (isn't Hammurabi in there somewhere), but deprecating features always depends upon whose ox gets gored (by the parts left out). Perhaps in the 10" format MS will be able to convince me otherwise, and I "know" there is stuff in there that no one may ever use again, but I want to decide for myself.

PLUS - I do not want MS (or any vendor) telling me I HAVE TO USE THE CLOUD FOR STORAGE - ever (even if I choose to do so, then it is my choice on my terms).

dellaster and HeavyHanded like this.
  5. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

@dstrauss, the inking in the OneNote (W10 App) is better. Enough of a difference for me to try and use this more... I just have some notebooks that aren't in the cloud and I don't want them in the cloud, which has been what is holding me back from using. Also, the O2K16 version seems so much more intuitive to me... I am just having to try to bend this to fit into my workflow rather than the tablet fitting into my workflow...

Microsoft needs to fix this inking\writing thing on this device. It is the weakest point of this tablet in my opinion. inexcusable...

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Artist community would have a very different reaction to the results. Here's a little test I did.....Comparing all three of my Pens (Pro 4, Ink, nSP) with the Go in Clip Studio Paint....against my Galaxy Book 10.6 with the Zbook X2 Pen. For the sake of the test I just traced a photo to better illustrate the point.

The Galaxy Book is the one on the far right......Night and Day difference between the Go and Galaxy Book for Art Performance.

test pen3.jpg

thierryb, HeavyHanded, JoeS and 4 others like this.
  7. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

Wow! Even I can see that they're not in the same league, and I haven't an artistic bone in my body.

8. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

Once again, I am following Bronsky.

9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

upload_2018-8-6_17-57-56.png
    My lame attempt using OneNote UWP with the pencil on the Surface Go....

HeavyHanded and darkmagistric like this.
  10. djas

djas Graffiti User

I need to test the SG's inking personally before making the proposal for corporate's leasing. This inking issue has me worried because it negates the point for getting the unit as a digital notepad when by users' accounts, the inking is bad.

I, via our IT, has requested our vendor to loan both a SG & GB10 for trial. At this point, I'm leaning more towards the GB10 due to Wacom. Let's see. :)