Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. djas

djas Graffiti User

Anyone tried inking with a another branded n-trig pen? say one of those Sony Viao pens?

Thinking of replacing my beat up Surface 3 pen.

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I’ve tried them all. Adonit is decent but Wacom Smart Stylus is the only one I’d recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djas likes this.
  3. kasor

kasor Pen Pal - Newbie

I really want to buy a surface go , but I want 256GB ssd. Does anyone know when will be available or if 128GB is replaceable? (I don't care for LTE)

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Praise from strange places - anyone ever expecte MacWorld to say good things about SG and even Tab S4:

"Pound for pound, the iPad Pro is still the best tablet you can buy. It’s got a great chip (that’s about to get better), a fantastic design (that’s about to get better), and the best app support by a country mile. But when it comes to replacing your PC, the Surface Go and Galaxy Tab S4 have got it beat. It’s been the biggest knock on the iPad since day one. Even with robust apps that are every bit as powerful as their Mac counterparts, keyboard support, and one of the best Bluetooth pens in the business, the iPad is still a far cry from a pro machine, at least not when compared to its peers. The post-PC revolution may have started with the iPad, but Samsung and Microsoft are offering better 2-in-one solutions for people who want to live in both worlds."

However, I doubt Tim is quaking in his One Trillion Dollar castle...

5. dstrauss

Question for my pen friends - do you rest your hand onscreen when writing - the reason I ask is that most of the "good inking" videos on the web (like Daniel Rubino's review) I notice their hand does not rest on the screen like mine does...

6. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

I am left handed and my hand rests on the screen as I write, actually my hand drags across the screen, just missing the pencil dust\ink all up my hand. Because of this I disable the touch, so I don't get the false touches which is still a plague in all iterations of Windows and devices.

Bishop and HeavyHanded like this.
  7. dstrauss

I asked because I am wondering why some reviewers say the inking is almost as good as nSP and SB2, while others (here and elsewhere) say it is a real step backwards. Even writing is being dissed, not just artistic quality.

8. djas

djas Graffiti User

All the time. You can't write naturally without resting your hand on the surface (ha!)

Those people are not inkers. They don't count.

9. djas

djas Graffiti User

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I do, at least as long as I have screen to rest it on.
    I don't like it since the screen gets greasy, but that is just the way I've always written.