Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

I am sorry for you to hear that but comforted that WinCentral's and my SSDs aren't outliers.

JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Windows Central discussed it briefly in their review:
    The charger in the box is 24W, so they say that anything over 24W should probably be OK to charge it, but of course there'salso a minimum required voltage. It would be great to find out what that is, maybe it's simply 20V minimum which would rule out a lot of cheaper USB battery packs. Thanks for investigating!

3. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Another revelation: It’s probably better to use Type C PD instead of Surface Connect to achieve the highest charging speed:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeS likes this.
  4. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No USB A type A.

Dead to me! Dead!

Dead when there is the surface pro 5 with LTE with a beloved USB type A !

Joking. But it would be sick if there were more low profile wireless USB C transceivers because having a dongle to USB A sticking out of a 10 inch tablet for a wireless keybaord/mouse combo is No Bueno.

I know, I know could just a wireless Bluetooth mouse/keyboard.

HeavyHanded likes this.
  5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Good riddance. One thing that has been consistently flaky on every surface device I have ever owned (surface 1, surface pro 1, surface book 1 and surface 3) is the Marvell chip.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

6. kivuli

kivuli Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I can confirm that the Surface Go will charge using a Nintendo Switch Charger. That's 15v @ 2.6 amps.

It also charges off my Samsung Galaxy Book 10.6 Charger. which is 5-9v @ 2.0 amps.

Hope that info is useful.

7. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

For those who have purchased, are you happy with the hand writing? The first thing I did was upgraded from S Mode to 10 Pro and installed the Office 2019 Insider Preview. OneNote will be my primary application and the handwriting is a bit off. I am seeing some vectoring in the letters where it will do the little hook in the letter. Almost like the old ntrig days.

I have tried multiple pens and it is acting the same.

Attached Files:

8. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Very much second this. It always surprised me how much better the wifi on my Nexus 6p and current Pixel Xl was vs the S3. I wonder if it's possible to swap out the wifi in the SP for the one in the Go.

HeavyHanded likes this.
  9. inmnbob

inmnbob Scribbler - Standard Member

I had problems with mine all day. Installed okay but ran into Cortana and app problems so did a reset. Following the reset I couldn’t install Onenote 16. All the other office 365 apps were there but only Onenote mobile. After hours with Microsoft, who was nice, but unable to figure it out I was able to get everything installed. I am left now with the same inking experience that another member posted which isn’t great. The new 4K pen is horrible but the previous pen is acceptable. I am using the 4gb version for Onenote and Outlook and inking. So the pen problem combined with the wasted day fixing windows has me less enthusiastic than I was. To top it off I dropped the newest Surface pen and broke the tip off inside the pen and can’t get it out. Argh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bronsky and HeavyHanded like this.
  10. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

I feel your pain, dude. I had mega problems with my original S3, in hindsight I would have saved time and sanity if I didn’t listen to the phone rep and refresh Windows every time. Getting drivers from SP3 (N trig drivers) made the problem much better till an official hit fix was released. And I broke the tip off my pen like you did. My company’s IT guy was able to fix it for me, though. Best of fortune to you.

Bronsky likes this.