Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I know I'm going to regret this....but I preordered the 4GB/64GB GO today....and will pick up from Best Buy tomorrow at 10am giving me 4 or so hours to get it geared up before headed to the airport. Gonna preload a Micro-SD card up tonight with all my programs, videos, and whatnot in case I get cramped on time, so I can do some stuff at the airport. I figure playing and testing out the Go will give me something to do on the 7 hour flight to London. Gonna bring both the Go and my Galaxy Book 10.6 with me on this trip. While that's kind of redundant...I like having a 2nd device on me in case of technical issues. I will intend to use the GO for pretty much everything on this trip....with the GB10 as backup.

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

"I'll take one Surface to go please.." Should be a fun flight! I'm actually curious whether the Go solves one of my gripes with the Surface Pro: when using it on a tray table the kickstand has a tendency to fall off the back edge. Perhaps the Go is a better fit? Promo material says yes, but that's one giant tray table.. :)

upload_2018-8-1_14-57-41.png

Mesosphere and Bronsky like this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Very wise of you to take the backup device with you. :thumbsup:

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I doubt it. The more I look at the Go, the more I like it. It's a long flight over the North Atlantic (or Artic Circle depending on route), it'll keep you occupied.

5. JoeS

While you're at it, bring a copy of BatteryBar Free with you (see the download link near the bottom of the page here). Once the Go is fully done updating and indexing I'd be interested in hearing the typical power draw with the screen at 50% brightness while doing some typing in Word. Hovering over BB's battery icon will show you an average power draw figure from the past few minutes, which together with the battery capacity will give a reasonable estimate of the battery life in that use case.

Example from my X1 Yoga:
    upload_2018-8-1_15-56-47.png

Chris_Kez, darkmagistric and Azzart like this.
  6. JoeS

As an aside, fifty pages of comments before in-store availability, that must be some kind of record! :cool:

7. djas

djas Graffiti User

Bon voyage. And congrats on your purchase. Do let us know how you get on with the Go while you're on the go (ha!)

8. inmnbob

inmnbob Scribbler - Standard Member

How many of you are picking up a device tomorrow and if so what version and what color keyboard.

I am getting by 64gb with black keyboard at Microsoft Store in MN tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.
  9. Mindful Gadgets

Mindful Gadgets Pen Pal - Newbie

Picking up a Surface Go 8GB/128GB with the burgundy keyboard tomorrow. I'm actually also heading out to Europe in a couple days so we'll see how things go.

HeavyHanded and nnthemperor like this.
  10. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

My SGo 8/128 from BBY is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Not getting a Type Cover though, until I am sure that this is a device I wanna keep.