Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I do a fair amount of typing. At work, that is accomplished on a full sized Lenovo ThinkStation keyboard. It's outside the office I am concerned about. I have written hundred page appellate briefs with my Surface 3 and never had an issue. At first, I had my doubts that I could do the same on the SG keyboard. After about 20 minutes of typing yesterday, I started to get used to the new key locations. I think it'll be acceptable.

As much as my head says wait for LTE, I suspect that I'll be taking a ride tomorrow to the Microsoft Store in Christiana Delaware and picking one of these up. Then I have to get a dock, Pronto.

These tech giants who caught lightening in a bottle due more to the emerging technology than anything they've done, would have done better to have been a bit more human. A cluttered mind is a part of that. They took themselves a bit too seriously. Jobs was a mess of a human being. Zuckerberg isn't much better. Plus, thinking that their uncluttered minds brought about their discovery, rather than a confluence of pent-up forces, is much like B.F. Skinner's Superstitious Pigeon. https://www.scribd.com/document/14185280/Superstition-in-the-Pigeon-by-B-F-Skinner

Oh no. Peer pressure. I don't handle it well.

2. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

Jobs also stank. Maybe skipping on hygiene gave him more time every day to be genius-like? :rolleyes:

"Jobs also believed that his commitment to vegan diets meant his body was flushed of mucus -- and that it meant he was free from body odor, so he didn't need to wear deodorant or shower regularly. Unsurprisingly, the book quotes former coworkers saying that he was very, very wrong."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/healthmain/strange-eating-habits-steve-jobs-119434

3. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

As someone who is vegan and has more than a few vegan friends I can tell you odor can still be an issue. Maybe it's not as bad, but still there.

Bronsky likes this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I didn't want to say anything, but have you considered that maybe it's time to put your bloody cape in the laundry?

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

SURPRISE!:hi: No WOA Galaxy Book 10.6". Not only that, the base S4 costs $649. Not only that, but the keyboard cover is an additional $150. Only one USB-C port for data and charging. Has Samsung lost its collective mind? It sure makes the Surface Go look absolutely affordable. https://liliputing.com/2018/08/sams...y-tab-s4-with-s-pen-and-dex-desktop-mode.html

Or maybe their August surprise was Samsung's attempt recycle all its left over tablet parts from the last decade, including USB 2.0. https://liliputing.com/2018/08/sams...r-less-capable-alternative-to-the-tab-s4.html

Like Demi Lovato, I'm taking it one day at a time. (too soon?) "I won't buy a Surface Go without LTE … today."

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    nnthemperor and JoeS like this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

So much for my prognosticator skills. Have to agree - Samsung has lost its mind - so have I. How is that a "new addition to the Galaxy line" in any sense of the word? And those prices :eek:

The path is wide open for SG now, and remember, if you buy from MS you have a 30 day return window, but have to forgo the $50 BB coupon (I think that $50 offer is only good on pre-orders).

Just watched the video - WTH - no siloed S-Pen; DEX (BFD); I can just hear Apple laughing all the way to the bank, with MS chuckling right behind them in line.

EDIT 2 - Absolutely NO THREAT to Surface Go - in fact, it is clearly marketed at "productivity users" and what is more productive than Windows 10, Office, kickstand, and double the ram and SSD for the same price (when you add $99 Surface Pen) as the Tab S4 BASE model? Even the keyboard is cheaper on the Surface Go...

HeavyHanded likes this.
  7. dellaster

dellaster Non-Creative Plebe Senior Member

I guess Samsung sees their new Galaxy S4 as an iPad Pro 10.5 competitor and priced it accordingly. Time will tell whether or not that's a wise move.

So, this is like Christmas Eve for all you Surface Go people. I hope you're able to get to sleep tonight! :thumbsup:

Bronsky, JoeS and dstrauss like this.
  8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Samsung is blind...

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So Apple introduces a super low cost iPad.....followed by Microsoft....who introduces a low cost Surface.....followed by Samsung.....who introduces their most expensive Android tablet yet..........facepalm

10. djas

djas Graffiti User

Guess the era of Android tablets is officially over now seeing that even Samsung can't make it worth it. I believe that Chromebooks is taking over (Chrome OS + Android)

I'll hold on to the GTA10SP.

Edit:
    I take back my previous comment. Because, DEX!