Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

WinFuture.de has generally been extremely reliable. To be fair, though, official photos these days aren't real-life photos but are computer-generated renders and therefore these are Photoshop in that way. Also, in cases where they are real-life photos, they most often digitally crop out the actual screen portion of the device and Photoshop in a digital screen capture of what you would see on the display. In this way, they eliminate the glare, refresh, and other display operation-related artifacts that would be noticed by the human eye but would be picked up by the camera sensor.

nnthemperor and JoeS like this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Yeah makes sense. I'm just saying that I'm not able to tell whether these are real. Is there any info reported here that wasn't already rumored?

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm hearing rumors of an MS announcement May 18th. No details and will be a web event apparently.

nnthemperor and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  4. desertlap

We've heard previously from MS engineers that putting emmc storage in the low end was considered a mistake and that would be rectified in the new model.

That being said MS is probably paying less now for a 128GB SSD than they were paying for a 64GB EMMC module.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  5. JoeS

God I hope you're right. If they offer any 4GB and or emmc models I'm going to be disappointed. (prepares to be disappointed)

6. desertlap

they still may stick with 4gb RAM for the low end. different economics and of course they have the pro 7 with the i3 and 4GB RAM

7. JoeS

Yeah that's what I fear. I still don't get it. Using 4GB instead of 8GB they can sell the device for what, $10 cheaper? Is that really worth the bad customer reviews? I guess the answer is "apparently yes".

sonichedgehog360 and Marty like this.
  8. instred

instred Pen Pal - Newbie

It is sad that Smart Phones are coming with more Ram! Come-on Microsoft make it mandatory, 8 Gigs of Ram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also what is with only the 128GB SSD too. My dream Tablet would have another M2 slot that is user accessible. This way when I need more fast storage it is possible to upgrade the tablet.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Its hard to tell from a render....but it looks thinner.....the Go 1 was 8.4mm thick.....virtually the same thickness as the Pro's 5-7 8.5mm thickness ( having both, the Go looks thicker)...that render....looks much more on par with devices in the 7mm thick range.......probably on par with the Pro X's 7.3 mm frame which would be ideal....

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I wonder if the black keyboard will be made of alcantara or if they're sticking with recycled floor mats like generation 1?