Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@desertlap and @Bronsky - I am too embarrassed to list my tech dead ends - it would fill a page on this forum!

2. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I posted in my "What Tablet Should I Buy" thread, but I just received the new Lenovo Tablet 10 yesterday. I am constrained by what I carry my device in size-wise, so I am one of the small machine hold outs as well. I know you are Bronsky, but I was wondering if you tried this.

I bought the small Panasonic Let's Note RZ that's big in Asia, and I ended up sending it back due to hardware issues, but I was not impressed with the trackpad or keyboard. Immediately upon opening the Lenovo, it is light years ahead of the Let's Note in terms of keyboard. Trackpad is much better too, but nothing to write home about.

The Celeron N4100 is more powerful than the 4415Y from synthetic bench. This will be the first 4GB RAM machine I've used in awhile, but I have this for work purposes so I think it'll be alright. The unit I have has LTE, a fingerprint reader in the home button, and a siloed pen.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It's funny, I mentioned this tablet a month ago or so. There is so much to like about it. I like the hard keyboard and particularly like the siloed rechargeable pen. But the Gemini Lake processor and eMMC storage are real turn offs. With the Surface Go coming soon with an M3 option and LTE, I think that's the way I have to "go" for now.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  4. franzander

franzander Pen Pal - Newbie

To be fair, I've been quite content with the previous (somewhat cheaper OneMix Yoga 2s). It does have some annoying issues involving requiring an apparently slightly uncommon 12V for charging, making finding a power bank somewhat tricky, but other than that I've been using it without make issues for slightly under 1.5 years so far (touch wood).
    Of course, I can see your point, if something were to happen to it, I wouldn't count on being able to get quick support.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  5. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

Curious that there aren't any events or dates for this announcement. Maybe at Build?
    some leaked reports suggested a May 1 launch/availability date.

JoeS likes this.
  6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Surface Go 2 Leaked Official Photos. It is technically spoilery so I am marking it as such, but no surprises here: it looks identical to what people surmised using Photoshop:

[​IMG]

Source:
    https://winfuture.de/news,115691.html

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    nnthemperor likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The suggestion is that the LTE version will not be available at launch.:vbfrown: I guess I'll be waiting as I won't be upgrading without LTE.

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

The bonus or payoff is that SKU is reportedly available with up to 256GB of storage thanks to a zippy SSD.

nnthemperor, desertlap and Bronsky like this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That's all great, but all I want to know is whether the battery is any bigger!

Also, we aren't really learning anything new here right? These could be nice photoshops with a summary of all the rumors until now, as far as I can tell.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

[​IMG]