Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, but is it asking too much to have both. Why can't MS do something without fouling it with compromises?

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Can a leopard change its spots?

3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Actually, the answer appears to be yes! :)

Research shows that the spots of a leopard evolve in complex patterns as it ages:

(Nature)
    "But an equation developed by Alan Turing in 1952 is good at producing dead ringers for zebra hides and leopard spots. Now, the equation has been used to model how spots can morph to more complex patterns as an animal ages...

While kittens have simple spots, a close examination of a leopard-print rug will show that adult leopards have patterns more like broken circles. Adult jaguars have an even more complex pattern — polygons with small dots in the centre."

(PS. I know that was a rhetorical question, but I just thought it was interesting how many common sayings are actually based on wrong info. :p)

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

So, old dogs can learn new tricks?

sonichedgehog360, Steve S and Marty like this.
  5. dstrauss

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  6. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Probably the Business SKU.

Well, we now know the answer is technically yes, but shrinking bezels is more drastic and akin to skinning a cat for some. Very messy business, you know. ;)

dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Besides all that...how would someone pick up a slate with no bezels? I, for one, use my Go 99.8% of the time with no keyboard. The bezel size is already small enough that my screen goes kafluey (yes, a little used technical term) opening or closing applications or entering text on its own. I, for one, do NOT WANT smaller bezels unless there is a hardware switch to turn off touch.

lovelaptops and Dwig like this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I'm pretty happy with the bezels on my iPad Pro 10.5. They made the long-side bezels quite narrow, and it doesn't cause me any trouble in portrait or landscape mode. Maybe it's some iOS magic that avoids unintended too touch registration, or maybe I just hold the iPad differently. Either way, I'm on team narrow bezels.

9. dstrauss

Yep Dan, you just have the wrong device - the iPad Pro 11 2018 has even smaller bezels and somehow they can detect holding vs. touch input...

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lets not forget android tablets and phones that have next to no bezels.....While I don't want bezels gone completely.....going forward the Bezels should be on par with the iPad Pro or Surface Pro X.

In case of the Surface Go however....the only plausible reason for the bezels is to accommodate the keyboard size. To shrink the bezel....you would either have to shrink the keyboard (which would be a definite no) or enlarge the screen (which increases the battery drainage)......that being said......a 10.6 to 11 inch Surface Go 2 in the same overall Physical size as the Go 1 would be the more preferable option.

lovelaptops, dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.