Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

In my own limited testing the Galaxy Book2 handles falling on it's corners quite well. :D Test scenario: headphones plugged in, tablet on kitchen counter, tile floor eagerly waiting below. I was certain I kept enough slack in the cable.. So now my Book2 has those rounded corners that I always wanted.. :)

dstrauss and Marty like this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
    A. Einstein

Whether he said it or not, it is an apt description of my quest for the holy grail of computing - my sights are now set on the Neo...despite my internal voices saying go all in on Apple and be done with it...

Kumabjorn likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

It's not truly doing "the same thing" if they keep coming out with different devices. So it's not true insanity, just mild madness. :D

dstrauss, nnthemperor and Steve S like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

I feel you Bruh.

Bronsky likes this.
  5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Back up and running thanks to Complete Care and Acronis. The Microsoft store was its usual efficient self. They had an exchange unit in stock. Acronis, after a few suspenseful moments and minor adjustments, restored the entire unit.

For some reason, Acronis would only work when booted from a thumb drive. It kept hanging up when run from the C Drive. I'm also having trouble reconnecting my Samsung Note 10 since the restoration. In all, though, I'm happy.

For me, Complete Care makes it possible to use a tablet the way I do. The whole idea of the tablet is to be out and in use while on the go, which is the time when they are most vulnerable. I assume my tablets are going to break.

BTW, the battery in the replacement unit is brand new with 0% wear.

dstrauss, Bishop, Marty and 3 others like this.
  6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

No upgrade to LTE, eh? All those comments wasted - who would intentionally break their $600 computer to get - the same $600 computer, after fighting with annoying Acronis for hours!

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I do have a brand new battery.:vbwink:

Bishop and lovelaptops like this.
  8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

You scofflaw :D

alaskajoel and Bronsky like this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@Bronsky - Daniel Rubino is fighting for you:

Surface Go 2 With Snapdragon 7c/8c on ARM?

As Daniel says -

"The performance will be interesting. I don't expect the Snapdragon 7c to be a massive performer, but all it needs to do is beat the Intel Pentium Gold for price, battery, and performance. That's it. All three of those seem doable. Toss in some thinner bezels and some of that Surface Pro X design magic, and what's not love?"

Chris_Kez, nnthemperor, JoeS and 2 others like this.
  10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Surface Go 2 With Snapdragon 7c/8c...>>

Personally, I don't see them doing this. With the rumor that Microsoft now realizes that x86 emulation is a bigger deal than they first anticipated, I don't know why they would issue another emulation-based device until they had shored up the Pro X with better market acceptance.

Unless you think that Rubio is secretly colluding with Microsoft to kill the Go...?!??

nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.