Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I look at it like this. With such an obvious option as 8cx for the Go, Microsoft was forced to improve performance and battery life to justify not moving in that direction with the Go. As much as I advocated for the 8cx CPU in the Go2, I am fine with the move to an m3-8100y with bolstered battery time and LTE.

I work in the only town here in South Jersey where Verizon has not yet been permitted to run Fios optic cable. We are forced to rely on DSL. I look forward to being able to work on the Go outside our network when we get the predictable 3:00 p.m. slow-down after the local kids come home from school and eat-up bandwidth.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You know I may have said it before, but it's worth repeating. I really enjoy the thoughtful and respectful discussions we have here. There isn't any of the rancor or posturing or stupid fanboyism that pervades so many other sites. That is the main reason I post here, vs lurking in a few others.

So cheers all !

Steve S, Kumabjorn, dstrauss and 5 others like this.
  3. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Step one: Apple actually needs to first deliver, period, with iTunes on the platform where it is now, and then they can make a working version on a different platform entirely.

dstrauss likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

And I thought WE lived at the end of nowhere - DSL was abandoned here years ago...

Bishop likes this.
  5. Bronsky

It's the town where my office is. It's one of those old eastern towns where a lot of the residents are living off money made around the time of the turn of the century (not the most recent one … the one before that). They spend a lot of their vast free-time opposing cell towers, fiber-optics and natural gas pipelines. They won't let Verizon run the cables. We're being forced to move our office network over to Comcast who obviously had the sense to grease the political wheels.

Tams and djas like this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Don't you just love the ones who climbed the ladder and pull it up behind them...

Tams and Bronsky like this.
  7. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Natural gas I get, but fiber, really? My neighborhood where I live just got fiber option and it's from a company with a mixed record Frontier. For work many have asked the city to bring fiber here, but the carriers don't think it's worth the cost, this was 5 years ago. Now we have Verizon all over my work block trying to get 5G setup.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Bronsky likes this.
  8. Bronsky

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    nnthemperor likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tams likes this.
  10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member