Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Thanks, It actually got worse today after I had posted.

For those that do see it, it probably means you have RAM issues. I ran the surface diagnostic tool and it failed the RAM test

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I wonder if reinstalling the updates would help?

3. desertlap

That was the first thing I tried after it started getting worse. Even tried a complete reset. I'm going to drop by the Microsoft Store on the way home and supposedly they are just going swap units for me. Kudos to MS for that.

4. cmergel

cmergel IT Mgr. / DBA by trade.

Well I gave it a "Go", but decided to bail. For me even though the 3rd device had better inking\writing it still lacked for me. I'll look for the second iteration...

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No problem with my SGo. Did you install the Intel support app? They push display updates directly to devices these days

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. cmergel

cmergel IT Mgr. / DBA by trade.

I don't think the Intel app is going to fix the inking issues. The last unit I received back from Microsoft was better, but I just wasn't fully satisfied. Decided to sell. I'll go back to my Surface 3 as my companion device to my Surface Book. The inking on those two devices are fantastic... I will miss the size of the SG. That was such a perfect size..... :(

Bronsky likes this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was referring to the artifacting problem

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

paprikaleapt and nnthemperor like this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I agree. There is NO sense of urgency on Intel's part to serve the low power consumption mobile market. Better that MS move on to ARM solutions like their idols at Apple than to keep holding out hope for an Intel solution. That means MS has to clean up their WOA act and fast.

Bishop, nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.
  10. desertlap

I don't think it's an either/or situation. I'm almost 100% certain there will be an ARM based Surface(s) this year.

I know when our developers talk to MS, status on ARM native work is always top of the list.

I also think given MS significant success with the go in corporate markets, there will continue to be Intel based go's as well. I think you will have both.

And just as a couple of data points. Our MS tells us that the go has been the biggest seller in unit volume in the corporate market since it's introduction. The other data point is that that the Go continues to be the number one support topic with us, and we are getting a steady stream of "we are moving to the go as our standard, what's your status on supporting it going forward..." type discussions including one of our largest customers just this morning.

And @dstrauss I have to disagree with you slightly on the urgency of low power devices in the market. It's absolutely there, Intel has just been slow to react.

nnthemperor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.