Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

These issues are also dependent on speed. Like if you see a demo video....and someone is drawing really slow....you probably won't encounter these problems. But for fast sketchers or inkers.....speed is where it starts to fall apart.

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. cmergel

cmergel IT Mgr. / DBA by trade.

I use the SP4 Stylus. The newer stylus is a worse experience for me.

attaching my issues. The fish hooks are my biggest issue and this is on all inking, doesn't matter what application. Also the inking is not as strong as previous gens of the Surface (Surface 3, Pro 3, Pro 4, Surface Book).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tried again on my SGo, but couldn't replicate any of those problems. Granted, I'd already applied the FW updates.

Sent from mTalk

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I don't have any of these issues either.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. cmergel

Maybe it's a left handed thing. You try using right handed scissors in your left hand.
    Maybe I just need to buy the left handed stylus.
    #LeftHandersMatter

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I know you're kind of joking but on some of my devices there are setting for left or right handed writing.

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. ykf

ykf Pen Pal - Newbie

Just brought a SGO LTE 256GB and just like you guys said before, it's really a fun little winpad... and I'm the owner of SP1, SP3 and SP4. This is really the ideal size for pdf reading and traveling.

There is a problem though... I have a power bank which output @18W via USB-C, but seems this doesn't give enough power to even just stopping the power drop. Maybe the power bank, which uses PD 3.0 standard, doesn't output full 18W as advertised. Or maybe 24W is really needed for SGO to get charged up. So do anyone know other power banks which can give enough power output to charge the GO? I guess LTE version uses more power than the regular one and will be more demanding.

8. cmergel

Yes, joking. Yeah, I use the left handed settings in the last few versions of Windows. I do like the fact that some of the prompt menus open to the right of the menus.

Strange that there are some people that aren't having any inking quality issues and some that are. I've had two devices that were equally as bad for me with a third coming. It doesn't matter what application I use the inking produces the hooks and the quality of stroke is not on pair with any of the other surface devices I own.

9. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Do you have a Microsoft store near you? Reason I ask is I'm wondering if possibly there may be issues with alignment with the digitizer.

This is pure speculation on my part, but given how incredibly tightly packed the go is (our employees have dropped a couple so I've had a look at the insides) it wouldn't surprise me if a knock or glitch in manufacturing would throw it off.

The MS store has been pretty good at diagnosing subtle issues I've had like a warped keyboard cover on my go and a flaky power supply

10. cmergel

I just sent in my second Surface Go to Microsoft (exchange) and hope to get my third Surface Go later this week to see if any better. The previous two had been horrible inking quality (jittery & hooks).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.