Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ok, I give up! Any recommendations on USB-c chargers that will work with this device. The GB10.6 QC3.0 wouldn't even charge it. I've scoured ebay and Amazon and the more I look, the less I see. What are you guys using to power yours? I just need to have one charger for my GN8 and SG, so I can leave the SG original charger at home.

Sent from mTalk

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That’s one of my biggest beefs with it. All Samsung Chargers and Battery Packs will not charge the GO.....a unfortunate choice since the Galaxy Book 10.6 uses a more powerful core m3....there’s really no reason why it shouldn’t charge the weaker Penguin Gold Go.

However....while Samsung USB C chargers don’t work.....Higher powered USB-C chargers will....at the very least USB- chargers that are made for 28W range devices. Like the Wacom Mobile Studio Pro USB- C charger will indeed power the GO and Note 8 phone....so I would also imagine USB-C MacBook Pro chargers would also work since MacBook Pros also use 28W range cores. And I haven’t tried it, but I think the Nintendo Switch USB C charger might also do the trick. However...given how large the Mobile Studio Pro Charger And Switch chargers are....it would acctually take up less space to just bring both the Samsung charger and the stock surface Go charger.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    nnthemperor likes this.
  3. nnthemperor

Thanks. That's a real bummer.
    I finally ordered this on Aliexpress. Fingers crossed!
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bas...237.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dSA5bhc

Sent from mTalk

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

FWIW, the Lenovo x1 yoga TB charger also works great.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Discovered this yesterday accidentally when I forgot to grab my go charger but the 18 watt USB-C charger that comes with the new iPad pros is the fastest adapter I've tried with my go. Anecdotally it's about 25% faster even then the Microsoft supplied adapter.

JoeS likes this.
  6. nnthemperor

Coming from Apple, I'll cost an arm and a leg. I'd rather stick with the original charger from MS

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Very true. I had one because I bought a new 12.9 iPad Pro so I guess I really overpaid for it :)

8. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd be careful though. If it's heating up the battery more than normal, then it's going to shorten the battery's life.

9. gpuk

gpuk Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking at replacing my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 8 GB 256 GB SSD with either a Surface Go 8 GB or a refurbished Dell Latitude 11 5175 8 GB. Is the Surface Go a better choice than the Latitude 11 5175?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I love my Go. The Latitude outclasses it in CPU power and battery life. But, it's over 3 pounds with the keyboard.:vbeek: I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

nnthemperor likes this.