Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Most of the time I'm developing I'm doing technical software, like linetracers ( did this in the nineties, still available http://www.datatech.se/index.php?link=products_close )
    and am currently in objectsecurity.
    We don't need consistent performance, some of our customers still use XP on a Pentium 4.

We started thinking about Android because we use NFC and that is still not available in IOS.

After using C# for 16 Years now, we used Xamarin for the Android Software and it was at that time a real hassle,
    because for mobile OS development, regardless which one, you have to change your mindset.

Even back then it was quite easy to develop a business app for all 3 platforms with Xamarin, and with Xamarin.Forms
    I wouldn't even think about using anything else.

And with the new Microsoft ( Visual Studio for MAC??? ) and the DotNet Core ( running on Win/MAC/Linux etc ) I don't have to think about that.

I have never owned an Apple product, so I really don't care for the development for them.

Marty and batty like this.
  2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member

You know if this board had such a thing, I think the Surface Go would be up for product of the year, for the best mix of design, performance and price.

Runners up/honorable mentions would be the Samsung Galaxy Book 2 and HP Spectre Folio

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

You know, there's always the Post New Thread button in the Hardware forum!

4. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

Merry Christmas everybody! Hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends!

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Quick question, anyone knows if it's possible to use the nibs from the second generation surface pen (SB1) on the latest generation. The one I got on ebay didn't come with replacement nibs. I kinda like the finer point nibs.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Yep!

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks, any impact on the performance? The 2nd generation surface pen was a big letdown.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I can't see any on the Surface Book 2 beside tilt working obviously better with the original nib and the 2H conical nib

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Dang it. I missed this. And this is why we need a “Where is Dale?” sticky.

Let us know how you like HP. When do you get it? Will the SGO still be in the stable of machines as a travel computer?

10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The Spectre Folio should be here Friday according to FedEx. The SGO has gone back to Microsoft - I really want this to be a single device experiment. It is large compared to the SGO, but I knew if I kept it around I'd drift off into two devices, besides the fact it was just too slow for some of my custom software.