Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks, any impact on the performance? The 2nd generation surface pen was a big letdown.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I can't see any on the Surface Book 2 beside tilt working obviously better with the original nib and the 2H conical nib

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Dang it. I missed this. And this is why we need a “Where is Dale?” sticky.

Let us know how you like HP. When do you get it? Will the SGO still be in the stable of machines as a travel computer?

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The Spectre Folio should be here Friday according to FedEx. The SGO has gone back to Microsoft - I really want this to be a single device experiment. It is large compared to the SGO, but I knew if I kept it around I'd drift off into two devices, besides the fact it was just too slow for some of my custom software.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Interesting tidbit for you Surface Go fans - usage has skyrocketed on the Go, putting it in fourth place among all Surface devices (per Thurrott and AdDuplex):

"In other news, AdDuplex also reports that Surface Go and Surface Pro 6 usage continue to skyrocket. Surface Go has surged into 4th place on the Surface PC usage chart, with 12.3 percent usage, up from 7.25 percent last month. And Surface Pro 6 has jumped from 7th place to 5th, with 7.76 percent usage share, up from 5.15 percent a month ago."

Think about that - Surface Go has 12.3% of all Surface PC usage out there - pretty incredible.

darkmagistric, Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  6. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not surprised. I'm seeing rapid and high scale adoption in our customer base. Matches what the MS rep told me (and I posted here) a few months ago.

I think they mostly hit the sweet spot in the performance/price/capability triangle

dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I'm not surprised either. The Go is a great little device.:newpalm:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Since it’s compared to other Surfaces I’m not supprised. The Go is the first truly affordable surface running full windows, at the $500 price point, it’s the perfect gateway drug into the Surface Line. I would be curious though which Go model is selling better.....the 4/64 model....or 8/128.....given the Go’s main trump card is it’s affordability, I’d imagine the 4/64 model would be the bread and butter of Go sales.

Kind of supprised about the uptick in Pro 6 sales.....especially since it was an extremely modest refresh from the Pro 5. Goes to show I guess that consumers do indeed react to numerical designations on products lines, since the Pro 5 was never advertised as the Pro 5.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The SGO does get slow though (albeit not in an agonizing way) even on programs you'd least expect. They definitely need to bump the processor spec. I'm sure a customized core ME would have performed better than the Pentium.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

It sounds like my experience with the Go. What’s different with me is that I resigned myself to a 2-device solution and got an iPad Pro 11.