Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

As my peoples' people say, Mazel tov!

But hey, you mean to say, you just post on TPCR for your own, selfish, personal device needs, not to be a contributing member of this community, helping others who lack your, ahem, experience with many devices? So, now that you've made your own decision you're just gonna drop us like stones, leave us to wean off @dstrauss rants cold turkey?

Well, as the famous country song says: "If you don't stop leaving us alone we'll find someone else who will!"

Happy holidays Dale. See you in a few weeks, when the pen, or some janky Windows update or untenable short battery life bring you back to the well!

nnthemperor, djas and dstrauss like this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@E90 Commie — thanks for the Moon+ Reader recommendation. I had given up on third party Epub reader apps years ago because despite people gushing about how great this one or that one might be, none of the apps even paid attention to the CSS stylesheet. :rolleyes: Truly awful formatting and people didn't know any better. :(

Moon+ Reader does it well, however. :thumbsup:

lovelaptops and djas like this.
  3. djas

djas Graffiti User

Moon+ Reader Pro rocks!

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Happy Holidays! That said, isn't it a bit early for New Year's resolutions? Maybe one more device? :newpalm:

5. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good luck! Enjoy a respite from the noble hunt for the Unicorn Device. 2019 is soon enough to start it up again. :hi::thumbsup::newpalm:

lovelaptops likes this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Thanks all - I’ll sign off answering a handful of PM’s about what was the final straw (determining factor) - it was actually the iPP 11 - it is a beautiful and tiny device and I wanted to use it exclusively for everything all the time (desk, meetings, home), but you can’t. SGL is a real laptop - great kickstand, better backlit keyboard, real OS, and great docking solution but slower - so the decision was made easy thanks to Apple.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    nnthemperor likes this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Best compliments of the season @dstrauss. See you in two days with a fresh rant

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Steve S, Bronsky and lovelaptops like this.
  8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Troublemaker, eh @JoeS? Are you so cruel as to torment brother @dstrauss in this season of giving and love? Just to entertain us all :rolleyes:. Greetings of the season to all.

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I was perusing YT this week looking at outdoor gear and motorcycle reviews and stumbled on this video. It is a review of the Surface Go from a 'user' perspective that is not a tabletpc enthusiast. He seems to discover the reasons why we have loved these things for a while now! LOL....

Chris_Kez and Marty like this.
  10. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have a pleasant and low stress holiday time @dstrauss. I can relate to wanting to focus on other things.
    But..,our Samsung Rep is determined to get me on board with their WOS Galaxy Book. She was in our office and I mentioned my forthcoming trip and trying to find a rugged case for my go and she offered me a long term loan of the book and a rugged case that will be available early next year. The case is from a new company that was started by ex Toughbook engineers.

She basically demonstrated it by literally tossing it on to the conference table !