Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. djas

djas Graffiti User

Your machines are BYOD then? That's lot of steps for a production machine, isn't it? I'm wondering if your work/company IT will support your PCs via Active Directory -> Login Credentials = Ready for work. At the same time, instruct IT to set up a standard user account for your personal needs. I find that separating business and personal user accounts on the same machine beneficial for my own state of mind.

2. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Glad it worked for you.
    I hope you got it to work. I should have mentioned that the password doesn't work but generates a one time password sent to your email. I forgot about that.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If that's true, the Wacom Smart pen might be a solution. It can switch between MS and AES formats. Nice to see other phones follow Samsung. But, the note series and its spen are still king in my book.

It would be interesting to see Huawei add a pen like this to a folding unit.

Tams, nnthemperor and kneehowguys like this.
  5. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

I was at the MS store on Friday to look at the Go LTE (again) and the Galaxy Book2 to replace a S3 LTE. I really only need to run Office 365 and apps from the Store on this machine so Win 10S isn't a problem for me. In fact, Windows RT, WM, an Android Tablet would have worked; I was considering the Tab S4. I didn't go with the ipad as I'm forced to use an iPhone for work and don't like it. The ipad's biggest downfall for me is it lacks a real file system so was always cumbersome.

Bought the Book2 and I'm happy with it after a first day of usage at a job site over the weekend. Using Office 365 in multiple tabs on EDGE works fine even switching between desktop office apps and Office 365 portal, no speed issues. Battery is really terrific. One problem is the device seems to be locked to AT&T and I'm having problems with other SIMs. The S-Pen that comes with it is like a kids giant crayon; I don't like it. So far, the reviews have pegged the Book2 as sluggish but I think they miss the target users; as a full PC maybe it is but as an Office 365 pc, always connected, it works very well. Haven't used oneNote yet so I can't say how well the digitizer works.

As a comparison on battery life, my SP5 would have been out of gas by the end of the day, this PC has more than seven hours left on it.

Didn't go with the SG because it wasn't giving me that much more than my current S3; SG has a smaller, non-HD screen and with less battery life seemed more of a downgrade for my use. I'll see if the Book2 holds up over the next week or two. From how it looks now, Samsung got this right.

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

really? and here I was looking forward to the pen :( even looking if it could be purchased separately.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If you're not using the pen much on the SG8 I can see why the Huawei would look like a better option. I use my SPen all the time. I do a lot of jotting and picture taki g with a note on it. A lot of notes I take on the SG Note 4 would be lost if I had to hunt down a pen.

Tams likes this.
  8. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a One Mix Yoga 2S and I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnjroach likes this.
  9. jvloyola

jvloyola Scribbler - Standard Member

I still have a bunch of .lit ebooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dellaster likes this.
  10. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My condolences! ;)

jvloyola likes this.