Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Thanks. Did you just call Amazon cust svce and tell them the problem to get the password? Also, since my original download of the app was in 2013 it would have been on a W8 or W7 computer; does that matter, or does the store self-update? Thanks!

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Ironic. As you are flying the coop, I am even more committed to the Go. I just finished arguing a fairly complicated motion to dismiss where there was literally no paper generated at any point from the briefing of the motion to oral argument. Everything was filed electronically. I even used the Go in Court to argue the motion. I used the tablet in portrait mode. I needed only 4 tabs open for the specific document and case references I wanted to note during argument and a OneNote page for reading argument notes and making notes during the proceeding. It was liberating. The Go was literally perfect for the task. I kept it with its keyboard on backwards and it was really solid to grip. The highlighted text was quite clear and really stood out.

It is a shame that I'm of such an advanced age in my profession, since this old dog is learning new tricks.:thumbsup:

3. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't call anyone; the email was automatically generated and arrived within moments . It started like this:
    "We apologize for the difficulties you may have experienced, when attempting to register a device or app to your Amazon account.
    For security reasons, we may require a two-step authentication process when registering certain devices and software applications."
    I got the app originally on W8 computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. djas

djas Graffiti User

Screenshot_20181208-045125.jpg

Bronsky likes this.
  5. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

Screenshots are invoked by pressing the power button and volume up at the same time.

OneNote works just as good on iOS on the Go (I was using the UWP). One thing that is definitely better is that when you add line space, it is really quick.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Just imagine what the millennials will be using 30 years hence...you are a steely-eyed missile man my friend.

Bronsky likes this.
  7. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the redirect.

Moderators take note, maybe we should have a sticky "Dale's Current Tablet/Forum". It would let other less active and new forum members find out where Dale is hanging out and what tablet he's using.

:)

lovelaptops, dstrauss, Bishop and 5 others like this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I don't often literally laugh out loud when reading TPCR, well done! :D

9. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks.

I am always sensitive to how hard it is to read tone into a message.

I want Dale (and others) to know it was said in jest. I really appreciate hearing his travels, because by living vicariously through his travels, I can think about alternatives and better appreciate what I have. Dale's experiences are on par with Lisa and Daniel. His reviews might not be as in depth, but it is more educational to hear about the use case.

One thing I'd like to see Dale write up is a HOWTO to rapidly spin up a new machine. Unfortunately, Windows Backup isn't as robust as TimeMachine. So there is still a lot of manual configuration to get all of the new programs loaded and configured. It'd be interesting to hear if Dale uses some utility to rapidly transfer settings?

Even with a NAS and OneDrive, I still don't like the productivity hit to spin up a new machine.

lovelaptops, JoeS and djas like this.
  10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

nnthemperor and thierryb like this.