Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I hear you. Just bugs me no end that the only solution for such a common use case is an IOS device. So many compromises either way. Isn't the iPP 11 w/keyboard getting close in size and weight to a 12.3" SP?

2. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

And the other downside to iPP, is no trackpad or mouse. And the docking solution is inferior. If you have a Surface Dock at home, you can dock the SB2 or the SG. You can share files between SB2 and SG with a USB stick if no network is available. File sharing between SB2 and iPP will require a VPN connection.

Did you try Win32 Kindle app for SG?

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Really appreciate the intervention fellas...

Nope. much smaller and lighter than GB12 or SP6.

• Lack of trackpad or mouse sucks
    • Not intending to dock it - this is a pure tablet play with an optional keyboard for editing and long email sessions
    • Didn't like Win32 Kindle app at all - dogmeat

djas likes this.
  4. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm pretty sure you can still download the Kindle uwp. You go to store, library, show all and scroll through the list of all the apps you've ever installed, including some that aren't in the store any more. And click install. It is a little buggy, but still better than the win32 version.

gcoupe, JoeS, dstrauss and 1 other person like this.
  5. djas

djas Graffiti User

@dstrauss: my mind boggles. You're way outta my league. Entertaining reading though.

6. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

So I had a chance to have a go with a Surface Go and a Pro 6 today after having not used a Surface device in a while. At first the pen seemed good, but my goodness can is it atrocious when drawing slowly and has odd 'fishhooks' when writing/drawing fast. It thought that was just the reviewers' faults, but clearly not.

The Pro also didn't seem that much bigger 'in the flesh'.

I think I'll just pass on a new tablet for now. Perhaps the WOS devices with the 8CX due in Q3 next year will do well. That Qualcomm compared it's processing power to the 835 is a little concerning though.

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

djas likes this.
  8. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for this awesome tip! I just re-downloaded the Kindle app from the Microsoft store.

9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@jjsa1985 , @b52hbuff I just tried to do this and it keeps telling me my email and password for Amazon aren't correct, though I've repeated sign-in again and again and verified my Amazon account password. I originally downloaded the Kindle app in 2013; is it possible the password verification is being managed locally, and it is looking for my 2013 password (I really have no idea what it is)? Unfortunately, it doesn't have a "Forgot my password" option. Any ideas? What did you mean when you said "it might be a little buggy?" Thanks

10. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the same issue when I first tried it but Amazon sent an email with a one time password I needed to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk