Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm pretty sure you can still download the Kindle uwp. You go to store, library, show all and scroll through the list of all the apps you've ever installed, including some that aren't in the store any more. And click install. It is a little buggy, but still better than the win32 version.

gcoupe, JoeS, dstrauss and 1 other person like this.
  2. djas

djas Graffiti User

@dstrauss: my mind boggles. You're way outta my league. Entertaining reading though.

3. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

So I had a chance to have a go with a Surface Go and a Pro 6 today after having not used a Surface device in a while. At first the pen seemed good, but my goodness can is it atrocious when drawing slowly and has odd 'fishhooks' when writing/drawing fast. It thought that was just the reviewers' faults, but clearly not.

The Pro also didn't seem that much bigger 'in the flesh'.

I think I'll just pass on a new tablet for now. Perhaps the WOS devices with the 8CX due in Q3 next year will do well. That Qualcomm compared it's processing power to the 835 is a little concerning though.

paprikaleapt likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

djas likes this.
  5. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for this awesome tip! I just re-downloaded the Kindle app from the Microsoft store.

6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@jjsa1985 , @b52hbuff I just tried to do this and it keeps telling me my email and password for Amazon aren't correct, though I've repeated sign-in again and again and verified my Amazon account password. I originally downloaded the Kindle app in 2013; is it possible the password verification is being managed locally, and it is looking for my 2013 password (I really have no idea what it is)? Unfortunately, it doesn't have a "Forgot my password" option. Any ideas? What did you mean when you said "it might be a little buggy?" Thanks

7. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan

I had the same issue when I first tried it but Amazon sent an email with a one time password I needed to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Thanks. Did you just call Amazon cust svce and tell them the problem to get the password? Also, since my original download of the app was in 2013 it would have been on a W8 or W7 computer; does that matter, or does the store self-update? Thanks!

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Ironic. As you are flying the coop, I am even more committed to the Go. I just finished arguing a fairly complicated motion to dismiss where there was literally no paper generated at any point from the briefing of the motion to oral argument. Everything was filed electronically. I even used the Go in Court to argue the motion. I used the tablet in portrait mode. I needed only 4 tabs open for the specific document and case references I wanted to note during argument and a OneNote page for reading argument notes and making notes during the proceeding. It was liberating. The Go was literally perfect for the task. I kept it with its keyboard on backwards and it was really solid to grip. The highlighted text was quite clear and really stood out.

It is a shame that I'm of such an advanced age in my profession, since this old dog is learning new tricks.:thumbsup:

10. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan

I didn't call anyone; the email was automatically generated and arrived within moments . It started like this:
    "We apologize for the difficulties you may have experienced, when attempting to register a device or app to your Amazon account.
    For security reasons, we may require a two-step authentication process when registering certain devices and software applications."
    I got the app originally on W8 computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk