Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. djas

djas Graffiti User

@dstrauss : I am very, very sure the Go will pass your litmus. Case in point; my ancient Surface 3 runs a 2 x monitors (+ S3's screen) via a Miracast connection & to another monitor via mDP. My workflow is almost similar as yours: web-based portals/CRM via Edge, full Outlook, Word & Excel documents galore. And OneNote, oh my, OneNote.

If the S3 is adequate for that workflow, the Go would too. We tested it during our trials.

Hope this helps.

dstrauss likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

and yet when Apple released the cheaper 9.7 ipad last year......it was "An Affordable iPad".....yet an Affordable Surface = a Cheap Surface.

Tams likes this.
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...The days of prompt Surface delivery are clearly over. I received a shipping notice for my Go LTE this morning. Standard shipping, and it shipped this morning...it won't arrive for another week!..>

Or not.

Unexpectedly, my Go LTE was delivered this morning by 2-day air. Not sure why Microsoft sent the standard shipping information, but I'm happy nonetheless! We're getting ready for tomorrow's T-day insanity, so it looks like set-up will have to wait for awhile until things settle down...

Telstar1948, Bronsky and dstrauss like this.
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Set-up went fast, as usual, and the Go is now loading 14 Windows and firmware updates. Still need to do app updates and install office. And get a NanoSim card.

One item of interest. I always make it a point to read the instructions, and at the end of the English section, Microsoft now adds a section on "Battery Health." It consists of four tips which are pretty much what you expect, including: "Avoid having your device plugged in 24/7 to help keep your battery at the right temperature."

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Still no "October" update on my Go. It's OK, honestly I already forgot what's even in it, I'm just surprised that a MS product doesn't get the update sooner.

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

The Eagle has landed!

Thanks to FedEx Hold at Location I was able to pick it up at Walgreens at lunch.

@desertlap - it has a QC Atheros QCA61x4A WNA.

OMG is this thing tiny. I’ve played with them at BB numerous times but with all their attached junk - in hand this thing is unbelievable.

Back to setups - come back later with more info - OMG is it small.

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Can you connect SP3, Sp4 Type covers to the SG the way you can with the Sp1 and SP2 (the pogo pins line up even though the device widths are narrower) and cannot w/the S3? I'm guessing not because I Google it 5 ways and couldn't even find a result where the issue was raised. Also figures that M$ wouldn't want to miss the revenue. If not I think I'll just use my cheap BT keyboard, as I didnt get this for typing.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  8. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

Under promise and over deliver :)

9. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

I knew when I picked up the box containing my Surface Go for the first time I was going to like the size of the Go.

dstrauss likes this.
  10. yodamiked

yodamiked Do or do not. There is no try.

Has anyone tried any video editing on the Go? Curious how it fares.