Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

When choosing my dual QHD monitor setup I bought a pair of Samsung 27" SH850. These include a USB hub and are USB-C native input as well. I connect one USB-C port on the GB12 to monitor 1 by USB-C, then the second monitor is connected USB-C to DisplayPort. I also use a USB minihub with Ethernet to expand the number of USB-A 3.0 ports available. Workable but not very graceful.

I agree with all of your conclusions - and this could be part of the reason for failure with a SG LTE; but what would the fun be if we didn't try goofy every once in a while.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

For what it's worth I've given my Surface Book 2 15 to my lead engineer and I'm using my Surface Go as my daily driver....

Bronsky likes this.
  4. dstrauss

Really - that is one heck of a transition. How are you configured? What has the experience been like so far?

5. jnjroach

I was using my Go about 90% of the time in meetings either internally or at the customer's site, I was using my SB2 only at my desk, in this role I only needed the power of the SB2 a couple times a quarter so I can use my Virtual Machine I have on Azure for those times.

I use my same 32" 4K curved monitor with the Surface keyboard, Surface Arc Mouse and Dial when needed. My mobile weight is less than 2 lbs now...

dstrauss and thierryb like this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Dale, if you wind up keeping your Go, I recommend the Maroo leather case. Perfect lawyer's accessory.

I find that I'm reading more for pleasure these days because of the size of the Go.

Do you use Bitlocker and have you experienced the sliw SSD speeds?

7. dstrauss

This is really encouraging. I haven't done that in a while.

8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I do as well especially since I discovered the kindle cloud reader/edge browser option. I think it's more the drop in weight over my SP4 more so than the smaller size that makes it more comfortable for reading. The go has the weight of a regular book.

PS: if you miss the leather of the Spectre Folio, Target of all places has a nice pouch that fits the go with keyboard attached almost perfectly. Comes in multiple colors ands is cheap too.
    https://www.target.com/p/flap-tech-...3/-/A-53933736?preselect=53730199#lnk=sametab

A bit too snug to hold the pen though.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    WillAdams likes this.
  9. jnjroach

I read and mark up documents all the time and love the size.

I'm required to have disk encryption so I've kept it on but it really doesn't impact how I use the device..

10. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

I have found I get slow write speeds with and without Bitlocker.