Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I get it, but aren't we being a bit picky? Anyway, is art really that important?

Sincerely,
    Panos

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Does that 'i' problem persist if you switch to a Swedish iOS keyboard, or a Swedish GBoard keyboard? If so, that'd be crazy.. and infuriating!

Thanks for the other comments on usability. I feel similarly about iOS. I really do love the quality apps, but I always feel 'cramped' not being able to use the filesystem freely.

My next purchase will definitely be something Windows, but whether Surface, Andromeda, or Galaxy remains to be seen.

Edit: hey, this was my 4000th post. Trying to be helpful, and looking to buy something new. Sounds about right :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I AM using the swedish iOS keyboard, usually a hard keyboardb on top of that. Only in Word by the way. No problem in mails or chats.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

It is still my primary meeting machine, I'm running 1809 GA on it still in S Mode. I use it for all of my note taking and goes everywhere with me. I also use it for reading and web surfing...

5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm using my go on average 4 hours a day five days a week. I'm very happy with it overall. I wish the battery life were a bit better, and I have the occasional squiggle with the pen but nothing that's a deal killer. I use 0365 acrobat pro and a couple of custom apps as well. It's used as a true tablet about 33% of the time with the rest with the keyboard attached.

PS: A lot of the reviews have commented on the keyboard being cramped and it is compared to the keyboard on the pro, BUT, if you compare to the keyboards for the ipad or really anything else in the 10 inch tablet range, I think it is by far the best.

My .02

Bishop and JoeS like this.
  6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@darkmagistric raises a serious charge: "the Go's screen is noticeably the poorest quality"

@jnjroach , since I don't own a Go, and have only seen one briefly in my local Microsoft store, what is your opinion about the Go's screen quality?

7. JoeS

What's the over-under on Jeff saying "Yeah, it's pretty bad.." :D

lovelaptops and Kumabjorn like this.
  8. JoeS

I guess the implication being that since it's your primary meeting machine, you're happy with it, right?

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Jeff: do you read Kindle books or subscribe to Texture - what do you use for those?

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

@jnjroach , since I don't own a Go, and have only seen one briefly in my local Microsoft store, what is your opinion about the Go's screen quality?[/QUOTE]
    Here is my GO next to my SB2 15"

[​IMG]

I think the screen is as good as my other surface devices....

I love it - I use 5-14 hours a day, still getting 5-7 hours. I went out of town for a few days earlier this week and only took my Go and left the SB2 at home. My thoughts currently is on my trip to India in November I will take only my Go as well.

I do use Kindle (Windows 8 UWP version still), I have a texture subscription as well. Most of what I read is PDFs and Kindle eBooks and of course Web Sites.