Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Like did they produce only 4 of it.?..>>

Three. They produced three, and two were used for Sales / Promotions

Bishop, nnthemperor and dstrauss like this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well.....we did have Core i5s in the 10.6 inch Surface Pro 1 & 2.........In all honestly the Go is nearly the same thickness as the current Pro 6 so thickness shouldn’t be a problem......and with Core i5 now being fanless at that.......I’d like to think it’s possiable.

But Core M3 would make so much more sense.....especially given the lower price point of the Go and less room for battery. Like I can’t see them putting a fanless 10-15 w Core i5 in a Go, but not 4-6 w Core m3 first.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Cut and paste - remember, sales chat force told me they were too busy with the Surface Pro 6 to get the Surface Go LTE out until after the first of the year...

4. dstrauss

QUICK RANT:

Why in the H can Apple ALWAYS release WiFi and WiFi/LTE versions of the iPad AT THE SAME TIME?

Rant Off

Someone, QUICK, remind me how crappy Apple is...I may be contracting envy fever...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Honestly it shouldn't be that hard but the baboons that work for MS can't figure it out. This is the same company that released a very crappy pen/inking experience on a supposedly high end device ( think the surface line) after being at the forefront of digital inking for years.
    Sometimes it feels as if the people at MS can't be bothered with the quality of their products, they're all about getting their pay while those at Apple and Samsung are just the opposite.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@nnthemperor , I have nothing but the highest regard for you, but surely you don't think the folks who make decisions at Apple and Samsung aren't focused on getting paid, do you? I assume you meant that they are not obsessed with making money to the exclusion of product quality, right? On this I agree 100%. So much so that, in the case of Apple, it truly irritates me that they are the only tech mfr on the planet that you can count on to deliver what they promise (it's how little they promise that is the rub!) and that you can count on to make devices that work as well in 4, 5+ years as they did brand new. (Yes, the latter is not always true, but it comes darn close.) I guess that's lately true of Samsung as well, but their customer support is so bad that it's really risky to buy one of their new products that are not just refreshes of an existing one. You can also somewhat excuse some of the smaller players because they just don't have the resources to spend on engineering, quality assurance, etc, and likewise the ones whose existence requires that they keep prices low (eg, HP), which, again, constrains the resources they can devote to releasing high end products that meet deadlines and perform well and reliably from the start. But there are just a couple who don't qualify for any special dispensation; I'm looking at you, Microsoft, Lenovo, Samsung (who gets a pass for phones and android tablets, not for computer-like devices.) Which is why Apple has a nearly 80% market share among university students and why that's going to perpetuate ad infinitum because after they finish school they will be roped into both the ecosystems and the quality. I swear I would ditch everything I own and become an Apple toady if I didn't hate their insidious obsession with doing things their way and not the way they know dam well the market greatly prefers. To make matters worse, they become "standard setters" with such brilliant ideas as no headphone jacks (Samsung continues to make magnificent, thin smartphones that have them, USB-C only ports on computers, lightning-only ports on phones and iPads. And some really dumb OS limitations on all their products. You, too, can have all of this and last year's hardware for a 30% price premium - if you want every feature your devices have to perform flawlessly!

Sorry for long, unannounced rant.

batty, nnthemperor and dstrauss like this.
  7. dstrauss

RULE NO. 1 - you should (must) announce a rant coming...

RULE NO. 2 - keep up the good rants!

lovelaptops and nnthemperor like this.
  8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You really got the gist of my post. Yeah, there's no excuse for MS to be churning out half-assed products when they should really come out the door swinging. The whole Apple pencil vs Surface pen thing is hard to overlook.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

lovelaptops likes this.
  9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Duly noted.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Soooo, not that I'm considering buying in or anything, but how do the resident Surface Go owners feel about their device after a few months? Any niggling issues, regrets (related to the Go), or just pure bliss?