Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

I applied the firmware update this evening and I'm finding the inking has improved. I'm using the SP4 stylus and the inking has less hooks. I am still testing, but I am optimistic.

upload_2018-9-12_20-44-29.png

Chris_Kez and dstrauss like this.
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

So team, what is the verdict on productivity performance - 4-6 chrome windows, same number of Word and/or medium Excel files, Outook, and OneNote 2016 all running?

The Surface Go 8gb/256gb/LTE model is still on my radar...

3. cmergel

cmergel DBA by trade.

I am still getting the hooks. Less with the SP4 Stylus, but the New Stylus still has them.

upload_2018-9-13_5-32-48.png

4. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

Perhaps you and @Bronsky could simply think of the hooks as a bit of stylistic fair-- a nod to ye olden days.
    I mean this is what legal documents used to look like. Talk about hooks...
    [​IMG]

5. MrPhilo

MrPhilo Pen Pal - Newbie

What's everyone average screen on time? I've been using the stopwatch to see how much screen on time I get.

I was on 4 hours screen on time with 10% left, this was on 50% brightness

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Funny, the Pro 4 stylus doesn't work at all on my Go. It skips when I'm writing. The S3 pen does work but I like the feel of the nSP pen best. It just hooks. I can live with it for now but MS had better fix this issue.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I was working over the weekend with it on battery. I was getting well over 5 with the brightness at 40%, which was plenty bright to write with. I would think I could get between 5 and 6 (closer to 6) for regular work, like document drafting. I also went online from time to time to read some cases I was citing in my brief. I put together a 26 page brief over the weekend working only on the Go. It's amazing how fluent I got with the keyboard. If I hold my hands off the KB, I find that I can type fairly fast and accurately.

dstrauss and Chris_Kez like this.
  8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

um......that's certainly not my experience with the Go & the Pro 3 Pen. I have two Pro 3 pens, the Grey/purple button one, and a Blue one......and while the fish hooking is far less pronounced (I'm still seeing hooks).....the pen itself is almost useless because it requires significant IAF, and presumably as a result of that, it has the ink blotch problem like crazy.

Bronsky likes this.
  9. wmadan

wmadan Pen Pal - Newbie

^This. My criticism of the W10 app exactly. We need not just a midpoint thickness, but a more granular setting to make it exactly the thickness we want. What makes this even more infuriating is that the thickness setting differs with the pen you use. The thickness of the SG pen is different from, say, the Bamboo.

10. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

Same issue here. My workaround has been to define a couple of pencils. Those sizes seem to fall in between the available pen settings.