Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I am still so conflicted (what's new). I want a smaller but full function laptop replacement. Every vendor has a single feature I want but NONE put the whole package together:
    • Surface Go - kickstand
    • Galaxy Book 10 - Wacom EMR
    • Yoga Book C930 - kickstand (and e-Ink)
    • Acer Switch 7 - SILO

JoeS, thierryb and DRTigerlilly like this.
  2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And having all these features is our dream, but there is no difficulty to do it.

Last but not least, propose it with in dimension from 8'' to 17'', and also options for memory and disk and cpu.

Easy, no ?

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Ok, so who will release the Galaxy Go Yoga Switch?

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

hiramkey and nnthemperor like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

I've updated a OneNote notebook to serve as a generic planner template for Surface Go. Here's the link on Box.net: SGo Planner . If you've never downloaded a OneNote notebook template before, you might want to search for a video or instruction on how to save and open it.

There are 5 Sections: ToDos, Events, Lined Notes, Dotted Notes and Archive. With the SGo display at the suggested 150%, the pages are scaled to fill the OneNote App screen at 100% zoom, so there is no need to scroll around to see your notes. When you add a page, it will present the same design each time. I used a green paper tint as a personal preference because I find it easier on my eyes than stark white.

I use these for handwritten notes. Typically, I open one OneNote window for each of the current pages in the ToDos, Events, and a Notes section. That allows a quick swipe left to pick which section you need (a workaround for poor OneNote navigation options.)

The template notebook is provided as is, no warranties, use at your own risk, creative commons license, your mileage may vary, etc. It is pretty easy to customize to suit your own preferences if you have a full copy of OneNote 2016, using the page template features.

Here are some screen shots:
    upload_2018-9-8_11-25-23.png upload_2018-9-8_11-25-52.png

ORTOX, Shiratori, Bronsky and 6 others like this.
  5. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

I do like the device. I have iPads, and this is somewhat better, for a number of reasons. They have the form factor down, and any subsequent boost in cpu would probably necessitate an upgrade, which would be in line with their thinking :D

6. MrPhilo

MrPhilo Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know where they can find a dust cover for the charger port on the Surface? I have the earphone and type c dust cover but can't find any for the surface connect port

7. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I found out the best inkable digital calendar is Microsoft Excel. I downloaded a calendar template and created different sheets for each month. Now with the Excel app and I can make entries just with the pen on my note 8 and other devices

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Bronsky, dstrauss and WillAdams like this.
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Maroo as well. My Maroo case is too big for the Go. You can see that, even with a pen attached to the Go, there's an inch-and-a-half of excess case. How about one that fits … huh Maroo?

[​IMG]

@Bishop your templates look great.

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

This thing is great for reading cases. Pen works well as a highlighter. None of its issues are apparent.

[​IMG]

Bishop and Chris_Kez like this.