Surface Go

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Tourniquet, Jul 9, 2018.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I think that used to be pretty tough anyway 'on the fly', but yes, in general I think you would be safer from rogue apps/software, whether installed by shady people in the corner or shady websites on the internet.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I tether out of the office except for my home Network. No wifis for me. Works fine and I haven't had any issues over the years.

LTE and an unlimited plan is the next step, more for convenience and preserving my phone's battery than anything else. My Surface 3 and Galaxy Note 5 have been performing just fine together.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. djas

djas Graffiti User

Yup, likewise.

Wish I can use my Note 5 but it's a personal device so no go for work. The Nokia 2 has great battery life while tethering so no worries there. Also it's dual sim so I can still use my personal number while utilizing work's data....hehe.

Do you have vpn installed on both your Note 5 & S3? I asked cos even if you have vpn installed on your phone, while tethering, your PC will not be protected by the phone's vpn as it's acting as an access point only. Most vpn can be installed using one account on multiple platforms. That's how it was explained to me by IT.

4. djas

djas Graffiti User

Excitedly waiting for end of lunchtime so I can wonder over to IT and check out the trial units. If the vendor's rep is in-house, gonna ask about the possibility of getting the Yoga Book C930. Arg!

Edit:
    I get to hands on the Go at work today along with the Mixx 630 WOS. No GB10/12 yet. Both are nice units. Sadly, the rep informed us the newly announced units of IFA 2018 won't be available till next quarter :(

More trialling tomorrow. Hopefully GB10 will be available.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have a little favor to ask.
    I brought my iPP and Go to McDonald's today in one bag. However, it was a tight call. The keyboard stretched the pocket's zipper to the limit. What I really would like is to add my Vivo Tab Note as well. Let's be honest here, I'm a crackhead when it comes to screen real estate.

So what I really need now is a small, but not TOO small Bluetooth keyboard that let's me connect to three devices. Hence, I need pockets for two 10" devices and one 8" device. AirPods, BT mouse, pens, some USB cabling and preferably an external battery.

Any tips on that is much appreciated.

6. djas

djas Graffiti User

I don't use physical keyboard while mobile but I always like the looks of the MS Foldable keyboard. I think it does handle 3 devices.

Bishop likes this.
  7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I had the first generation, unfortunately the key caps fall off. This new generation can connect to two devices, mine would need three.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

8. djas

djas Graffiti User

I apologize, I thought it support 3 devices. Maybe this Logitech K480. Quite bulky though.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I still use my old Slate 500 keyboard. I used it with my old Asus Note 8. It's still in great shape. I never had a hard time pairing it with any debice. It fit perfectly in the Asus note 8 factory case. I keep it as a back up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top picture is the keyboard in front of my Asus Note 8 to give you an idea of its size. The bottom picture, on the right is the original Note 8 case that I used for the keyboard.

Hopefully, there are still some around on eBay.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    djas and WillAdams like this.
  10. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

See, now I need to go look and see if I kept my Slate 500 keyboard. I did keep the gray cloth Asus Note 8 sleeve (except I put my HP Envy Note 8 in it).

RANT:
    The W10 update process has become a real pain in the @$$. These 32GB storage tablets just can't handle the updates. Sitting in a drawer I have, in no particular order: HP Stream 7, HP Envy Note 8, (2) Asus Note 8, NuVision 8 (stuck in a permanent boot loop because of an update problem), and a Dell Venue 8 Pro. How is this relevant to the Surface Go? I'm itching to try one because the 8" form factor just doesn't quite do it.

I will occasionally get one of them out, run the updates, and try it for awhile. I keep trying to imagine the right OneNote notebook structure that will make an 8" device serviceable as a "portable driver." Maybe I'll try again when Sticky Notes 3 becomes available to the masses - IF THE DRIVE WILL HOLD THE UPDATE. /EndRant