Surface Go 3 Discussion Thread (October 2021)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 25, 2021.

1. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

, for me surface go makes the most sense for note taking (my wrists do not want to go back to using a Surface Pro :eek:).

Regarding the stuttering, it seems they fixed the freeze issue with Edge Chromium.
    I did have some strange issues with left mouse clicks not recognized (but scrolling worked) but it was fixed after a restart. I think it was related to Windows updating at high cpu usage before it happened.

Bronsky likes this.
  2. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

More than that, the new Pro 8 and Studio have improved touch sensors and software (better palm rejection, false touch, and edge detection)

sonichedgehog360 and nnthemperor like this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Thanks Microsoft - you sent me packing to Samsung!

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

It's better but not completely eliminated.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I want to like the Go. I have the previous pentium GO and it's unbelievably slow, especially when the battery is low. It virtually freezes. So I looked at the new 3 and discovered nothing has changed really from 2, and so much so I'm really wondering why they claim it's 'NEW! '(like that). Updated maybe. They changed the moniker from m3 to i3, and bumped to Windows 11, which is just a free download.

Now, I really want one, but not a14nm i3. These are at least 5 years old (more than that actually). I have two notebooks that have Intel 11gen, and they are very good. So I'm not going to buy anything with gen10.

Come on MS, please don't treat the GO like the blacksheep of the flock.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    Tams, Bronsky, nnthemperor and 3 others like this.
  6. daddyfish

, yeah the Go serie really lacks a good top model now. The Go 2 m3 is still day night difference with the Go 1 pentium and the Go 3 entry model's performance is similar to the Go 2 m3 so at least that is something.

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Calling the re-powered Go3 new is a stretch. Ignoring the Pentium, the only real change that occurred was the substitution of the Amber Lake I3-10100Y for the Amber Lake M3-8100Y. To be fair, the I3 picks up higher clocks on the base frequency (200ghz) and turbo speed (500ghz). It is likely a 15% to 20% improvement from my Go2.

As much as that is a great reason to forego upgrading for Go2 owners, if your in the market for a 10" tablet, then there are not a lot of choices. If you need windows OS, there are even fewer choices. I don't expect any improvements for another year.

I like my Go2 but the lack of imaginative design by MS for the model is disheartening at times.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My guess is on a redesigned SGo next year, think Pro 8, or a parallel device if the current Go continues to gain traction in the corporate world.

Sent from my SM-N975C using Tapatalk

9. daddyfish

, makes sense, to be frank even if they only update the cpu than it would be fine by me but a modern one this time and not just a rebranded or binned 8th gen cpu. I hope MS is waiting for 12th gen chip, that should help with battery life.

dstrauss, Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  10. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Maybe next year we will see either a ARM option or at the very least bigger battery.

nnthemperor likes this.