Surface Go 2 Discussion Thread (May 2020)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 6, 2020.

1. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan

No thanks. I’m very disappointed about the Microsoft stores closing; they consistently offered me outstanding support— much better than their online arm. That said, I don’t think the stores closing will sink the brand; there just weren’t enough stores to make a real dent. Anecdotally, this news combined with the latest Apple news and the ongoing Windows 10 issues has me thinking my current Surface may be my last. I’ll have a PC from work, but for home use there’s no reason I can’t switch— and I’m already neck deep with an iPhone, iPad Pro, Watch, and AirPods.
    But this is a better discussion for your The End Is Near thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mesosphere, dstrauss and JoeS like this.
  2. rdewberry

rdewberry Pen Pal - Newbie

.... yes i went to the BBuy today to play with a dee-splay Go2 while i am waiting for mine to be delivered, and the little rascal didn't seem to want to go into tablet mode or actually work properly or have the updates or the new Edge or anything and i really don't want to engage with a blueshirt on something that hasn't been set up for 'genuine customer interactive experience' so "hi and bye" with my neck gaiter pulled up and wraparound shades >> and i'll just have to read what you guys post and look longingly at YouTube unboxing videos for the 15th time.... SMH... interestingly enough the newest "reviews" are showing up in languages "other than" english so it's kind of fun to figure out what they are saying >> almost an educational experience itself...

daddyfish, Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  3. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, yeah that is true, not sure how important that is though considering the weight already seems fine for the surface go and the battery life just needs to be improved to say 8 hours for a full work day (perhaps 9 for some buffer), that seems doable if MS and either Intel or AMD is motivated. After that, extra battery life and thinness wins etc seem incremental to me.

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

To me this is meaningless. The last time I checked, the nearest MS store was over 200 miles away. It definitely doesn't sound like a good sign though.

5. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, yeah for almost all Surface users outside of the US (so I guess mostly Europe and Australia?) it doesn't matter. I live in Europe so I wasn't living near a MS store anyway, I just get Surface things at a shop with good warranty or cheap 2nd-handed/sales.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  6. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

7. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

Samsung Book2. WoA, LTE, SPen and runs easily 10-12 hours. Seems Samsung isn't coming out with a successor and SPX only surpassed it in price. Still missing the Kindle app on the ipad, no VPN (Win 10S mode) but far more useful than my ipad.

dstrauss, Marty and djas like this.
  8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

live in my state and you’d have a different opinion. I had Best Buy’s technically closer to me, but in NJ I had 3 different Microsoft Stores all within a 30-40 minute drive. Even more if I counted NYC, which for me is 40 min train ride. Where as many states weren’t as fortunate to have store access, for the ones who had it good like me, this is very depressing news.

Chris_Kez and Bronsky like this.
  9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

That's @desertlap to you ;). He's the one running MS' device roadmap planning :p.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Tams and nnthemperor like this.
  10. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

So, touch at BB, order from MSstore online? No instant gratification, but pretty quick shipping. Same for non-Surface computers - meaning MS ships w/o bloatware - yes?

nnthemperor likes this.