Surface Go 2 Discussion Thread (May 2020)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 6, 2020.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

You didn't get one this time because it was needed elsewhere...

wheaties-proximo.jpg

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Here's my Go the other day when I was having update issues. The Acronis system backup saved my bacon. Old Windows habits come in handy.

I like the black keyboard much more than I thought I would. It really stands out with the white lettering on the black field. And, it is far better looking than I anticipated.

[​IMG]

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Are you sure it isn't just that you like the look of not having spent $30 extra for the "dirt attracting carpet" feature? ;)

4. dstrauss

Just don't type after eating Cheetos...I love the feel of Alcantara in the morning, it feels like victory...

I just wish they'd bring the fingerprint reader as well for login...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  5. Bergman

Bergman Scribbler - Standard Member

Never thought about it that way but this is actually spot on the money. It is just much more comfortable hand holding this size device, even with two hands. With my larger Surface as a tablet I feel like Charleton Heston holding the ten commandments...

6. Bergman

Bergman Scribbler - Standard Member

Now I love Neowin and there is typically good info there for tech guy but the article on the front page now is just making my point here in that Microsoft is losing a huge marketing opportunity. The site is reviewing the new Lenovo Chromebook Duet and the headline reads Surface Go killer....seriously? A Chromebook?

Now listen that is such a silly argument its not worth discussing as a Chromebook will never be a professional productivity device. Never. Panos please, please, please quit fighting against these tablets and roll with what the Go actually is. It will never be as good of a consumption device as either Apple or Google so quit trying. Those devices will never be more than a glorified reader, so market this thing like it should be already.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Has anyone made a comparison with the new Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Duet or whatever that new $250 device is called?

8. dstrauss

I think that is the same name for the Chromebook that @Bergman was talking about. It's kind of like comparing to the Surface Pro X - except for the larger hires screen, the SG2 still out performs it with the entire library of Windows software available to you. As someone (I think it was Dieter Bohn talking about the original Surface Go) said, there's nothing in the Windows catalog you can't run, just some you shouldn't for your own sanity. He was talking about Photoshop and AutoCAD, but I have even heard of foks using Photoshop on the Surface Go.

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

They prefer being called Fockers

Bronsky likes this.
  10. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member