Surface Go 2 Discussion Thread (May 2020)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 6, 2020.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

:vbfrown:

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I should do well to stay away from this thread. Getting that itch now but I'm going to fight it. Well, until I'm sure the Neo has gone the way of the pharaohs.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  3. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

To be fair, I think half his audience is subscribed just hear him wisecrack about the latest Microsoft blunder, so it kind of behooves him to never be too impressed with any Surface product. :p

dstrauss and Chris_Kez like this.
  4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Please sing on big brother. We should organize a rally in front of the Redmond campus with you as the main speaker. How hard could it have been to phase out the current Go, and as a matter of fact Surface pro, design and replace with the SPX design? And for the records,I won't forgive MS if I don't get my Neo by spring next year.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

5. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan

Hadn’t seen that video until now. As the parent of a 7yo who has been carrying my Surface Pro all over the house the last seven weeks for reading, writing, zoom class meetings, sharing pics of her work, playing games and watching Netflix I see this and think “she’d love a SG2”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nnthemperor and dstrauss like this.
  6. nannlp

nannlp Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been a big fan of Tablet pc (Windows) up until recently when my Surfaces started with weird problems , pro 6 had screen issues all of a sudden and the go would refuse to walk by my side , always had to run back to her and wait until she finished doing her own stuff then get ready to walk again ....so switched to iPad , iPhone stuff. Very nice ecosystem but restrictive .

Just placed an order for the Go 2 and can’t wait to get it, looks more improved for sure compare to the previous one. Battery is reported at 9hrs 45 mins which is fantastic. Battery, Portability, Pen support and Windows is all that I need for my workflow .

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

At least the Pharoahs actually existed, were coronated and ruled. I fear Neo will be yet another MS Sasquatch.

nnthemperor and dstrauss like this.
  8. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Personally I'm waiting for the inevitable Costco bundle, and the return of some semblance of normal life. And the death of my Galaxy Book 2, because I can't really have both that and a Go 2, right? Right?? Hmmmm... :p

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

So look, sorry to keep harping on this, but the evidence seems to be overwhelming that MS released an update that crippled pen pressure a while back. Someone posted in that he just picked up a Pro 7 today and deliberately tried using the pen before any updates, and it worked fine.

So what I'm getting at here is it's going to be, well, terrible if this continues on through the Go 2. Our salvation either awaits us next week as an update is rolled out in conjunction with this device, or the flaw is going to persist and disappoint a whole new group of people (provided they didn't just use it for handwriting/whiteboard).

I highly doubt anyone given review units of the Go2 before release day will check this, so I just wait with bated breath...

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. Variable

Variable SiteCharts.com

Anyone know how much MS will give in credit for a mint condition Go 1 with 128GB/8GB?
    It even has the extended warranty (the remainder of which I would love to transfer to a Go 2)