Surface Go 2 Discussion Thread (May 2020)

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 6, 2020.

1. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

From my own experience I would recommend a 2handed / refurbished Surface (Go/Pro) over a Chinese tablet (unless maybe if you can buy the Chinese tablet at a local vendor). I had a chuwi and it was ok but it lacked on fronts other than price/spec. Eg quality of the screen is something to double check, quality/safety of the charger, faster battery degrading, bad power button, speaker quality, type cover quality etc.
    I think you also lack good warranty if you buy directly from Chinese shops.
    While with refurbished it is pretty good (here at least, we get 6 months warranty at minimum at local stores and easy to return within a few days without a reason needed).

Ps: The article mentions the chuwi has a better cpu but the igpu is noticeably worse iirc.

Chris_Kez likes this.
  2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

dellaster likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

M3-7Y30 CPU. And, is that an EMR pen? This looks like a decent option to the Go2.

4. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bronsky likes this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Not sure about the tablet, but that Pen is def EMR, its looks like a repurosed EMR Thinkpad Pen.

And given all the previous Cube/tablets used EMR, likely this one is as well. But the older stock of EMR most likely, from Surface Pro 2 and under.

Tams and Bronsky like this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Anybody tried running Android apps on your SG2 from a Samsung phone?

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yep. Works fine. It's a bit of a PITA to use though, since you have to get through the fingerprint reader before you can run apps. It's just as easy to run them on the phone if you have to pick it up anyway. I do like the real calc app though and use it occasionally.

Exactly what I thought. It looked like the Lenovo pen.

dstrauss likes this.
  8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

dstrauss likes this.
  9. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, hmm good point if the finger print reader is on the back. Face unlock might be a good quick fix, but not sure if it is safe nowadays on Android (?). Preferable I think (if possible) some kind of pairing feature would be best, but I can see Google not prioritizing that one (maybe Samsung can/will?).

10. downeaster59

downeaster59 Pen Pal - Newbie

My Brydge keyboard for my Go 2 arrived this afternoon. It's being charged now.

First impressions: I had a Brydge keyboard for my 10.5 in. iPad Pro. This Go keyboard seems thinner and lighter than that one. It has a classy look and feel. The keyboard side is black; the underside is silver. I like the feel of the keys. Build quality seems top-notch. I'll know much more once the keyboard is charged and ready for action, but I am impressed so far.

Bronsky likes this.