Surface Duo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

@nnthemperor , now that you've had the tab a for awhile, what are your thoughts on it? We don't see it in the US at all but it seems to be selling decently in Asia

And BTW: We hear rumors of a minor update coming, higher res screen (1900*1200) , 8.4 inch primarily and a slight processor bump.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    nnthemperor likes this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Creatively Talentless Senior Member

I should add that for my current motorcycle tour I filled four or five 64GB SD cards with music and ripped DVDs for transfer to my iPad mini 5 (also 64GB) as desired using a SD card adapter. 2.5 months in and I have yet to do so, I tend to read ebooks on my Kindle instead, but it’s all there if I want. :)

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

You know that we all hate you, right?:newpalm:

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I ALMOST "Unliked" this one - our Ted, the man who found the cure to the Coronavirus blues...
    [​IMG]

5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Given the Wacom goodness, inking on it is a joy compared to the Surface ( but that's already common wisdom). The slim profile does make it easy to hold. I experimented on it a my main phone for a whole day,but the poor camera and lack of most features we take for granted on smartphones made me change my mind. I use it mainly for reading forum posts and marking students essays when I don't want to reach for the SGo.
    However, it's still an Android device, so most of the things I do on it, I can still do on my $200 Chinese smartphone. One serious complaint I have is the weak processor and the paltry onboard storage, 32gb, that easily gets filled. Have a 32gb SDXC card but each time I move apps there, they tend to revert to the internal storage.
    An update will be nice if the keep this original profile. It's so easy to hold in one hand. Oh, and it just updated to Android 10 last week.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

6. dellaster

dellaster Creatively Talentless Senior Member

FA2385D8-6C1A-4FAA-BF5B-AF7DD6FFC87B.jpeg

:p

7. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

It may come down to whether it works on Verizon for me.

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Anyone else sense a touch too much gloating in that picture?:mad::(

dellaster and JoeS like this.
  9. djas

djas Graffiti User

Still my everyday work carry phone & notebook. Paid SGD$300 for it. No issue with the specs. It is good enough to get work done. No need to carry a phone & a tablet. Get notification for 10 update; maybe this weekend.

I lasted 3 years with the 2015 version so this P-205 will last me just as long, I reckon. In fact, I'm considering purchasing an additional unit to use as a dual-hinge screen device, with a DIY case. Hmm, I'm pretty sure I read about that concept somewhere

dstrauss, nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.
  10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

ooo...I miss that 8.4 screen size. The only penabled device I recall with that specific size was the Motion Computing Ls800 which had a 3/4 ratio 8.4 screen. I hope this new tab goes back to 3:4. It should speak volumes that the Tab S3 is still preferred simply for its aspect ratio.