Surface Duo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

I do not.

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Man, I'm trying my darndest to rationalize getting one of these. Without success! :mad:

bloodycape and dellaster like this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster “Content Consuming Child” Senior Member

Me too! That is, a week ago when I decided to escape the Apple Garden. It's such a cool piece of tech at a ridiculously bargain price now... but it simply doesn't work for me. I kinda envy those who can successfully adopt it.

JoeS likes this.
  4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

lol...speaking of me. Its been a busy week and haven't had time to post really...now 2-weeks after using the DUO....I can't imagine going back to a regular phone anymore.

Before I started using the DUO, pretty much every initial claim I made, like how I couldn't imagine it taking over as my main phone....oh how wrong I was on that.

Its not perfect, definitely much more glitches and issues then a normal phone would present, and the camera does royally suck, but the form factor and multi-tasking has won me over hook line and sinker.

I usually keep it closed, and having to open it up hasn't been nearly as annoying as I thought it would be. And as much as the camera itself sucks, almost cruelty the form factor is kind of perfect in a way. For selfies or group photos, the form factor of the Duo makes it stable and easy adjustable to any angle. And being able to open two apps at once comes in handy unexpectedly often, like in some use cases I've had, one of my side gigs is doing Real Estate Lawn signs, and its not uncommon for me to get 10 texts with 10 address all over the place during a day. Ideally I won't want to have to go out of my way or back track, but it was always a pain going back and forth between my texts to copy and paste address and check google maps where the address are, what order I should go, etc....the DUO is stupidly perfect for this use case since I can easily have google maps and the text message open at the same time. Just one of the many use cases I found worked perfect for my day to day.

Like if I dropped my Duo and shattered it today...I would probably buy another one. I still want to eventually get the Fold Z3, which is really the one phone that can compare to the Duo, but I have fallen in love with the damn thing.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Steve S, Bishop, dstrauss and 4 others like this.
  5. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Damn you...I held out for so long, but you finally got me. :p

In for one. Glad to be joining the Duo crowd.

bloodycape, Bishop, dstrauss and 2 others like this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I'm still rationalizing. Ummm can you play battleship on it in tent mode? Any good Sudoku ink apps? :D

dellaster likes this.
  7. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

:thumbsup:

8. yodamiked

yodamiked Do or do not. There is no try.

Congrats! The hardware is beautiful. As a fellow Canuck, curious how you’re getting it to Canada and dealing with the AT&T lock

9. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Cmon what's to rationalize? One-of-kind-hardware that only Microsoft can make and never-to-be-had-again sale—surely you've made worse purchases than this. :D

The link @dellaster provided seems to ship to Canada, and according to a post on XDA forums there's a process to get an unlock code from MS directly. (Though if any other forum members have any tips to for unlocking, please do share. :))

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    yodamiked and dstrauss like this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

BuyDigs' sold out, just when I decided to pull the trigger. Any other sub 400 deals?

Sent from my SM-N975C using Tapatalk