Surface Duo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Looked at the Surface buds, but passed; looked like corks sticking out of my ears. Using Jabra Elite 75t when I need earbuds. My only complaint is they seem to have some blue tooth channel/frequency issues in spaces with lots of blue tooth connections.

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I have the Surface Buds - they are different from most, finding the right size for the tips was tricky and getting used to the turn to lock took some getting used to as well. Overall I like them for sitting at my desk, but they feel less secure then my Galaxy Buds - so I use them when I'm out and about.

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

@nnthemperor FWIW I bought a pair and I have mixed feelings about them.

On the positive side, they have excellent battery life and they sound great. They have a more balanced sound signature and aren't bass heavy like the vast majority of earbuds on the market these days.

Since you mentioned Zoom though, one major feature of the surface earbuds (as opposed to the surface headphones) is that they are designed to allow outside sound in for things like situational awareness. Which makes them great for me for jogging as I want to be aware of my surroundings. But it might not be great if you are trying to use Zoom in a noisy environment.

One other maybe significant thing dependent on how else you might use them is that on anything other than the Duo or MS Surface PCs they have a fairly high latency. It can cause audio/video sync issues on things like Netflix and also makes them "suck for games" according to my son who also has a pair.

Again they do sound terrific though and if you listen to a lot of music like I do that's a big plus.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks a million, senior comrade. It's for my surface devices as I don't use any other brand, but at it's price, I don't think it's worth it with all those compromises. I'll wait until I can stumble on a very good deal.
    Thanks again my learned friends for the advice.

Sent from my SM-N975C using Tapatalk

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Great news for veteran tech addicts: Best Buy is considering an Amazon Prime like service, with free shipping and ... extended return periods! Downside: it costs 70% more than Amazon Prime, at $200/yr.

[​IMG]

Bronsky likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I wonder if they'll let Dale in?

8. dstrauss

Dale ain't going to pay the geeksquad $200 for that...

Kumabjorn, nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.
  9. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Paying that for Geeksquad is like buying hay to feed a dead horse. Somebody needs to tell BB thats a BUG not a FEATURE.

10. dstrauss

The blue shirts are bad enough at BB, but the white shirts are even more frightening because you watch them prey on ordinary folks because they invoke that image of the technically competent white shirt era of IBM...when in fact their favorite saying is "Hmmmmm, we'll need to send this in to the manufacturer for repair..."

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021