Surface Duo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

Spot on.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

There has been more app development/movement for the Duo, in one week, than for Surface Pro X since inception...

4. dstrauss

I've never liked This Week in Google much over at TWIT, but it was interesting to see Stacy and Jeff being pretty stern with Leo's anti-Duo laments and basically saying he didn't no s*** from shinola about Android phones and he needed to give teh Duo a longer trial...

Bishop likes this.
  5. Bishop

Your Phone Companion :thumbsup:

Got the app up and running today. I have been surprised about the productivity gain. When a text comes in, I don't have to turn away from my Surface Studio, hunt up the phone; I just switch windows, reply (drag and dropping images into replies), and go back to what I was doing. Likewise, any "editing" I was doing in an Android app can be continued.

If you spend time at a regular work station or glued to a laptop, you'd like this.

BONUS:
    A. Easy to quickly tick off handwritten running lists being kept in OneNote
    B. Answering/making calls at desktop: YUGE

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    JoeS and dstrauss like this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I have noticed the same thing. If Microsloth can keep up that level of development, they might make a success out of this mighty might yet.

JoeS likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My Go2 is plugged in from the moment I arrive until I leave in the evening. My phone has a nest in my desk where it stays all day. I love the messaging feature on the My Phone App.

Most of my business calls still come through the firm's landline so I don't use that feature so much.

Bishop likes this.
  8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So at this point, the "NEW SHINY THING" aspect of most devices has worn off me by now. However I have been liking the Duo the more that I really use it. And honestly, due to the price and my still current issues with using it as a phone, I started out skeptical so that's a major flip for me.

Even my wife has noticed that I've given it more than the usual attention, she says akin to the first iPad .

I'm ready to declare that this is a great work device for me, on the level of what the blackberry was for me back in the day. So now the question is what to do about my iPhone ....

It proves again another axiom of my former boss which is that there simply is not substitute for actually using a new tech paradigm in real world applications.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    cbutters, Chris_Kez, JoeS and 2 others like this.
  9. Bishop

Same. So now when I disconnect from work and sit down to scroll news and social media after supper, the only device I have is SDuo. That is an improvement from 2 weeks ago when I would've had my work phone, personal phone and an iPad ALL within arms reach and juggling the three.

10. dstrauss

I HATE you guys...:p:(