Surface Duo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. djas

djas Graffiti User

This whole thing about people wanting the Duo running 10x sets me thinking. How about this?:

Screenshot_20191010-205528_Gallery.jpg

Just needs to built myself a dual-hinge case for this setup.

burningorange, Bronsky, JoeS and 2 others like this.
  2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I used the note 10+ for about a month as my main phone as part of a work project. It's a truly excellent phone and like @dstrauss if I wasn't already so invested in IOS I'd consider it.

That being said, the most useful note taking feature wasn't for full on note taking in a meeting (a bit too small) but the quick note feature where you can make a quick notation even with the phone screen asleep I did find handy.

The dual screen of both the duo and Neo is very appealing potentially since one of my main daily tasks is editing/marking up docs and/or comparing docs side by side. I'm sure it will come down to software.

I have played with the fold and it didn't fill the bill software wise e.g. It was awkward at best and nearly impossible generally to look at two docs side by side on the fold.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  4. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Scribbler - Standard Member

I am so disappointed. I wanted a windows phone. I don't even have a smart phone because I refuse to use Android or the Apple OS. I have no use for a device that does not support portrait mode for external displays!!!

5. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

I know the Duo can be alot more than this, but..

I wonder if it ends up being a fun pocketable toy for browsing the web/images. Or if something like the 6.8 inch galaxy note 10 is more fun in practice.

Still, each image you look at can be at most 5.5 inches, no? You can't spread a jpeg image across both screens can you?

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, in the announcement video, it did have the spanning feature of the Neo too. So, yes, u you can spread a webpage across both screens and in portrait mode, it becomes an 8" screen. And I really disagree it will be a mere pocketable toy, unless every other smartphone is a "pocketable toy" for you.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

djas and dstrauss like this.
  7. djas

djas Graffiti User

Here's hoping Samsung makes a dual-hinge version of our P205.

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So a thought and a question. Chrome has supported dual displays for at least three or four versions. The bigger work will be with individual apps.

And I wonder if we will get the Edge browser with the Duo? Obviously the chrome based one if they do...

nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.
  9. djas

djas Graffiti User

This is the first Duo running Android ~ Entourage Pocket Edge. I have it and it is still running fine:

small.jpg

violajack, nnthemperor, Marty and 3 others like this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not sure if that's what you're asking, but there's already a chrome based Edge browser for Android and one also for iOS.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk