Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. timumi

timumi Pen Pal - Newbie

Try turning off "Use a two finger pinch to zoom" under mouse & touchpad setting panel

2. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

I was lucky to pickup an I5 128GB Surface Book today. So far I'm not having any lockups or driver issues. Only strange thing is in Adobe Acrobat DC. Scroll speed for both mouse and touch is very fast. Doesn't seem to be a way to adjust within the program, nor does the system scroll speed effect Acrobat. Anybody else experiencing this?

3. timumi

timumi Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe only certain configurations are affected? I have i7 8/256GB dGPU and no major issues.

4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So the Bluetooth fix didn't work. SB still froze after an hour or two.

5. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well typical MS attitude.
    As I remember the same think happens at the beginning of SP3.
    Had to offer 1-2 firmware update within 1-2 months until works without issue.
    The good news is that when bought mine SP3 was late August 2014 2 months after US release here in Europe and most of the issue have been resolve.

Probably I will do the same think with SP4 I will order it late November to get newer manufactured day unit and hoping MS meantime has offer firmware/software update resolving all the issue.

One of the good news delaying arriving in Europe every Surface product :p

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Luft likes this.
  6. alextrela182

Well Apple do have similar issue with iOS on iPad/iPhone,probably and OS X.
    Especially in iOS 7 and 8 the past 2 year had to wait 3-4 months until they released free of bugs version.
    Only this year with iOS 9 seems much better with much less issue and more bug free experience.

The same think happens to Android especially Lollipop witch was disaster most of the device with 5.0.1/2 had battery drain issue,baggy behavior,ram management and multitasking issue.

Had to wait 2-3 months and many device from different manufactured much more time until released of 5.1.1 resolving many of the issue.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Luft likes this.
  7. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In fact, these issues are win 10 issues, mostly.
    Win10 is not yet stable. Even if I like to use it in my second AVN8.
    Insider program was a good idea. But they would have made better to have not consider Win 10 as released.
    I am sure they would be able more easily to deliver mostly bug free the SP4 and the SB in 8.1.

8. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The thing is, neither of those were machine crippling. I've never had an iOS/Android bug/issue which made my devices unusable as screen lockups and BSODs would do. As an average consumer those are things which would drive me away from a brand/device, especially when paying MS's premium prices. I'd expect an experience akin to purchasing a Mac, which I've been using for 10+ years without crippling issues. I would have more sympathy for MS if the gap between SP3 and SP4 wasn't larger then previous version gaps. Add to this the fact that besides a reduction in size, the form factor and expected result were very similar from the SP3 to SP4. It's honestly just something I wouldn't expect from the 4th version in a line of devices. I just feel like they should have this down by now. Especially being MS the OS developer and exemplar device brand.
    Really? Most of these sound like hardware/driver issues. I've had no issues with Windows 10 on any of the PCs/tablets I've upgraded it on so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dstrauss, czm2000 and Vaga like this.
  9. ikjadoon

ikjadoon Pen Pal - Newbie

These display driver issues plus the BSODs and all the lockups remind me of the Vista launch.

Bronsky and efjay like this.
  10. alextrela182

My above post was not to justify MS bad thinks happens when releasing new product,but overall to say that other OS have similar issue.
    Over last 3 year using iPad safari crashes a lot of time even when simple have 1 tab opened and anything else in the background .
    The same issue with other browser like chrome or Mercury or other app too.
    My air 2 from the beginning have cracking issue in the speaker and these is very common in every unit and Apple never fix it.

On android smartphone the last 3 device I'm using over last year(z3,m8,s6 edge) all had very bad multitasking management issue.
    For example when I'm browsing in dolphin and open some other app or when texting via social media app or have opened PDF and try to go back all the other activities re opened from the beginning and lost everything I do until them.

And yes is the same bad issue as having drivers issue on your Windows PC.
    The result is negative also with bad user experience.

And no BSOD is not happening now unless you have defective unit with any kind of hardware failure(SSD,ram,motherboard,VGA)

The past 10 year with a lot of desktop PC,laptop and Windows tablet not even once had BSOD.

I have to go over 10 year in the past in Windows XP to see any kind of BSOD.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

Luft likes this.