Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Send a review unit to @Bronsky

He know's how to stress tablets. :)

Marty, Utan-chan, Bronsky and 2 others like this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Refurbished Surface Pro 4 for sale 50% off, somewhat peculiar odor.

Balbutio ergo sum

3. Shurik

Shurik Pen Pal - Newbie

He didn't (skip to 1m11s mark): ;)

Now, Lisa, when is your review coming out? I'm waiting for someone to really test Book's inking capabilities before pulling the trigger. The review unit at my local MS store has a broken (or just misconfigured) digitizer.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  4. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

Re: Mashable video - Don't you just love it when he refers to the pen as a "Bluetooth pen?" (yeah, I know it has a BT element, but we all know the main item at play is the complete NVidia system that so many "reviewers" seem so ignorant about.) Sheesh, how is it that people like "him" (said with some small measure of distain, LOL) get devices earlier that vastly more competent (real!) reviewers like Lisa seem to have to wait? Lisa, if you want one of my SB's to use for a review, just let me know - DFW is but a 45 minute hop from SA by SWA ;-)

FWIW, It appears that some "Round 1" orders are going out (at least in my neck of the TX woods) - I just got an email from MS with a tracking number for one device - an i7/512... Expected delivery is Monday 26 October by 10:30 am - 30 minutes after my plane leaves :-( Sort of a bummer, but probably just as well that I'm not relying on a brand new device while on an important business trip. Still, the geek in me can't help but wish I could show it off a little. I am so shallow ... ;-)

[Edit] I'm now getting successive emails from MS with Shipment Confirmations roughly 5 - 8 minutes apart - mostly more ancillary/peripheral things like Microsoft Complete Accident Protection (MSCAP) so it appears that things are truly underway for folks now :)

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You're in the company of the shallowest, so you can relax.

Balbutio ergo sum

Telstar1948 and Randall Garrett like this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

He even videod it - SHOES and all...but Mr. Ulanoff is a different sort, going back to his PC Mag days...

7. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Oh, Lisa, btw: I don't comment in the cesspool of YouTube, but you are the best reviewer on the net. Pretty cool you hang around here.

8. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One more thing. I know you recently reviewed the Toshiba tablet that's similar to the Z20t but without the digitizer. I think you should definitely get a hold of the Z20t in my signature and do a smackdown with the SB.

The Z20t obviously can't touch the SB when it comes to computational/graphics power, but I've been very happy so far with its performance for general computing, and use it as my computer and notepad at school. The matte screen, Wacom EMR, and 17 hour battery life are big pros for me, and I'm willing to bet some others would feel that way as well who want the SB form factor.

I got a good deal on mine, but I think Toshiba should definitely drop their retail price if they want to sell any more of these.

Keyboard is great too. I've used the Z10t, Helix, and Helix 2. Z20t is the best executed one yet.

9. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Got my shipping notice this morning. Looks like a big drop from China got here Wednesday and is shipping out of Memphis. Delivery by 10:30 AM Monday. So it looks like all the preorders will be delivered Monday.

Mesosphere likes this.
  10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, with some of the previous Surface pre orders people got no notice of it actually being shipped until the day of delivery, yet almost everyone got their device on launch day.

Also, with every launch people are worried it wont show up on time despite assurances from the "veterans", so carry on... =)