Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One more thing. I know you recently reviewed the Toshiba tablet that's similar to the Z20t but without the digitizer. I think you should definitely get a hold of the Z20t in my signature and do a smackdown with the SB.

The Z20t obviously can't touch the SB when it comes to computational/graphics power, but I've been very happy so far with its performance for general computing, and use it as my computer and notepad at school. The matte screen, Wacom EMR, and 17 hour battery life are big pros for me, and I'm willing to bet some others would feel that way as well who want the SB form factor.

I got a good deal on mine, but I think Toshiba should definitely drop their retail price if they want to sell any more of these.

Keyboard is great too. I've used the Z10t, Helix, and Helix 2. Z20t is the best executed one yet.

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Got my shipping notice this morning. Looks like a big drop from China got here Wednesday and is shipping out of Memphis. Delivery by 10:30 AM Monday. So it looks like all the preorders will be delivered Monday.

Mesosphere likes this.
  3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, with some of the previous Surface pre orders people got no notice of it actually being shipped until the day of delivery, yet almost everyone got their device on launch day.

Also, with every launch people are worried it wont show up on time despite assurances from the "veterans", so carry on... =)

4. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll be working all weekend on it and the Pro 4 (not a bad way to spend a weekend). Look for our video reviews of both early next week. And you can bet I'll spend quality time with the pen. I may even do a separate video about the pen on these two, so the main review doesn't get overly long (my videos do tend to be long!).

Vaga, Utan-chan, dellaster and 4 others like this.
  5. MobileTechReview

I wish Toshiba had sent us a Z20t when it first came out-- it's a worthy device. Now they say they're working on wrangling one up for me since I was so disappointed with the Portege WT20 (the Z20t minus all the things that make a Z20t good... the one you're referring to).

Utan-chan, JoeS and Mesosphere like this.
  6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

That is exactly why they are popular and we, well at least I, like them. Knowing from the outset that it will be thorough and unbiased is its appeal. Don't go changing things now

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

gcoupe likes this.
  7. MobileTechReview

Funny, I've tried a few times to make the videos shorter, but my video editor always says there's no material she wishes to cut. And I can't seem to keep my mouth shut once the camera rolls. So fear not, they'll continue to be thorough ;).

8. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I actually watch these videos instead of the morning news (like The Today Show) at the office while eating my breakfast. Keep em long and hearty. I always look for your reviews first because Youtube is cluttered with, at least in my opinion, useless unboxing videos.

Vaga, Utan-chan, Bronsky and 2 others like this.
  9. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Keep trying to get one. I'm really enjoying it. They should just crank the resolution up on the screen for the next model, but they pretty much nailed the rest.

10. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

actually I like the videos being long.... I gives more insight into your train of thought and your opinions. I think if the videos are to short they loose touch with the audience and become way to robotic .... but then again I have been working almost 24 hr straight so I can just be nuts :)

Utan-chan, freya301 and Bronsky like this.