Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

I just got another tracking number - on a completely different order, and it was for "Microsoft Complete Accident Protection for Surface Book Qty shipped: 1" :-\ So frustrating...

I'll be interested to hear if anyone really is getting anything early or if MS is going to ship on the 26th...

[UPDATE] One device has shipped - see post #734

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. dodgeis4me

dodgeis4me Pen Pal - Newbie

Was it a an order that was backorded a few week?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

Mashable's writer took a chance, likely because he believed it would survive unscathed. The general rule with review loaners is that you may be liable if you break it when doing "not normal" things like STANDING.ON.IT without express permission. Oh my word! I wonder if he took his shoes off. I have no doubt it would withstand that much pressure (it's really rigid), but that pretty surface finish...

Utan-chan and surfaceproartist like this.
  4. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Send a review unit to @Bronsky

He know's how to stress tablets. :)

Marty, Utan-chan, Bronsky and 2 others like this.
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Refurbished Surface Pro 4 for sale 50% off, somewhat peculiar odor.

Balbutio ergo sum

6. Shurik

Shurik Pen Pal - Newbie

He didn't (skip to 1m11s mark): ;)

Now, Lisa, when is your review coming out? I'm waiting for someone to really test Book's inking capabilities before pulling the trigger. The review unit at my local MS store has a broken (or just misconfigured) digitizer.

7. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

Re: Mashable video - Don't you just love it when he refers to the pen as a "Bluetooth pen?" (yeah, I know it has a BT element, but we all know the main item at play is the complete NVidia system that so many "reviewers" seem so ignorant about.) Sheesh, how is it that people like "him" (said with some small measure of distain, LOL) get devices earlier that vastly more competent (real!) reviewers like Lisa seem to have to wait? Lisa, if you want one of my SB's to use for a review, just let me know - DFW is but a 45 minute hop from SA by SWA ;-)

FWIW, It appears that some "Round 1" orders are going out (at least in my neck of the TX woods) - I just got an email from MS with a tracking number for one device - an i7/512... Expected delivery is Monday 26 October by 10:30 am - 30 minutes after my plane leaves :-( Sort of a bummer, but probably just as well that I'm not relying on a brand new device while on an important business trip. Still, the geek in me can't help but wish I could show it off a little. I am so shallow ... ;-)

[Edit] I'm now getting successive emails from MS with Shipment Confirmations roughly 5 - 8 minutes apart - mostly more ancillary/peripheral things like Microsoft Complete Accident Protection (MSCAP) so it appears that things are truly underway for folks now :)

-Randall Garrett-
    +Apex Software+

/end/

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

You're in the company of the shallowest, so you can relax.

Balbutio ergo sum

Telstar1948 and Randall Garrett like this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

He even videod it - SHOES and all...but Mr. Ulanoff is a different sort, going back to his PC Mag days...

10. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Oh, Lisa, btw: I don't comment in the cesspool of YouTube, but you are the best reviewer on the net. Pretty cool you hang around here.