Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Ross

Ross Pen Pal - Newbie

Played with the SB tonight at the Microsoft Store. It was much easier to open up than I had anticipated and a video I saw earlier. I nearly could get it 1 handed, but it was definitely easy with 2. I was super impressed with the pen. They even got out the pen nib accessory pack for me. I want that pen and the nibs NOW. Clicking the eraser OneNote opened so fast I didn't know what to do. The eraser feels like an eraser and the tracking feels much better than the SP3.

I nearly Preordered on the spot, but I am waiting on selling my current laptop before I make the plunge. It appeared that I could still get one launch day making the pre order in store, which I found interesting.

Utan-chan and Dungeoness Claw like this.
  2. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So guys

What would be your dream set of devices? Like in the long term

Here's my guess maybe people would pick about 2 or 3 out of these
    - Phone with stylus and continuum-like feature with USB C
    - Surface book current design with even better specs and more angles for hinge with USB C
    - More beefy workstation laptop with numpad, larger screen and this http://www.slidenjoy.com/ for more screens and removeable battery with great specs with USB C
    - eh I guess some of you will also want a 7, 8 or 10 inch tablet with wacom stylus inside of it also... with USB C
    - Oh and artists probably don't want most of the above, maybe they just want the wacom cintiq companion 2
    - some ridiculously decked out desktop/monitor (with USB C) setup at home
    - And some people want smart watches?
    - Oh, and a protractor. Don't forget about that.

a protractor with USB C in fact.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Utan-chan, Vaga and DaniJoy like this.
  3. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

very cool software. ran good on the CC2. did crash allot. but very fun and really responsive to pressure input, tilt, rotation. easily as powerful as photoshop's brush engine. i bet once it matures it will be a very fine painting application. sure made the CC2 fans scream. thanks! looks like the future of digital painting is bright!

4. onapthanh

onapthanh Pen Pal - Newbie

I think that the SB is a laptop but you still get a pen that will be used mostly when its in tablet mode, by your logic, why bother with a pen. just because you cant think of such scenarios, doesn't mean that people wont sometimes just take the screen and leave the keyboard at home/office. It is wonderfull to use fo our work.

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

czm2000 likes this.
  6. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting that is says it arrives in 3-7 business days. Wouldn't that be something if someone ordered this and had it by Wed of next week.

SAM 2013 likes this.
  7. alexyapkl

alexyapkl Pen Pal - Newbie

At least much batter then alienware

8. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

3199. WOW

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It'll be fine. Just refinance your house, and you will have plenty of money for it.

SAM 2013, soh5 and Bronsky like this.
  10. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just another kind donation to corporate CEOs...lol. They'll live lavishly while we poor souls have to refinance a mere tent.
    We should take a poll and ask the readers what is the max they'd be willing to spend on a laptop/tablet to meet individual needs ?