Surface Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Wasn't the Lisa expensive as hell, even for its day?

Ahh, I see Dale already answered that question. So they've lost zilch in value. Pretty fantastic for a computer.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Lol yea, it probably reached near zero at some point, I wonder at what point things like that turn around and become collectors items =P

3. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Welps... bit the bullet and did the pre order for the SB 16GB RAM MODEL.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Mesosphere likes this.
  4. digitallysane

digitallysane Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately a pen with only one side button has almost no use for most of that lot.

5. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I thought that at first when the
    Cross Wacom pens came out.
    They only have 1 button.
    But I do not really miss the second
    button for the kind of work I do.

6. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

Hey thannks for your opinion. yes tilt is overrated. i like barrel rotation. Im not sure what your point was- yes i am getting cheap penabled tablet- the SP4 core M and apple ipad pro. going to try them both out and keep my favorite. I considered the SB, it SB is a very good computer, get it if you need it. i already have the 16gb CC2 I7 so SB is not an improvement for me. It lacks features i like to use. CPU geekmark benchmarks show only a tiny improvement over my CC2. i do more than just comics ink and color style, so barrel rotation and tilt is something i prefer to have. some like it some dont. its just my personal preference.

im just a 2d artist so i dont need a GPU. there are no drawing/painting painting features that benefit from dGPU. if i ever do video, i use a workstation GPU not a laptop GPU. but this is rare and only hobby stuff for now. I do use zbrush occasionally, its entirely CPU and memory bound. Dgpu wont speed it up at all. i dont know or care about maya, i use MODO for solid modeling (i rarely do do this- i usually just draw my in perspective), and if i ever need to render something i use my workstation CPU's. Way faster than a laptop Dgpu.

Honestly, if the SB pen performs better than the wacom i will get it. It is no doubt a fine computer in many ways.

7. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

Can I still use the keyboard if the screen is inserted backwards? like this picture (from theVerge)

[​IMG]

I am asking this because I want to use the keyboard in tablet mode, even if the screen is facing against me... Windows without keyboard is a no-go.

On my Surface, if I insert the keyboard backwards, it won't work.

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Not quite - $10,000 in 1983 is roughly he equivalent of $24,000 today...for a true comparison of relative value, you could buy NINE top of the line Surface Books for the price of ONE Lisa in 1983 - that is insane value for your money...

thatcomicsguy and Kumabjorn like this.
  9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

And yet we grumble and mumble over a Benjamin or two. No wonder the race to the bottom never ends.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4

dstrauss likes this.
  10. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

Here is a direct size comparison of SP4's and SB's display. I think the Surface Book might make a perfect reading device for two pages side-by-side.

Picture1.png

ikjadoon likes this.